Chapter 5: In the Deep, Dark Layer of the Batman

A cave door was opening. A man, somewhere in his late fifties, was waiting by a circular platform. He was bald at the top, but he had hair all around the sides of his head. He had a black mustache that was cut sharp. He was dressed like a butler. An armored car parked on the circular platform. The platform began to turn so the car faced the cave entrance. The car began to open from the top, and a man dressed like a bat jumped out the car. He landed right in front of the butler with a grunt.

"Are you alright Master Bruce?" asked the butler.

"Peachy, Alfred," said the man dressed like a bat. He began to rise up slowly, and, with his good arm, he took off his cowl. He had black hair and blue eyes. He was extremely handsome, but he had a dirty, face.

"My God," said the butler, Alfred. He had a British accent. "Whatever happened to your arm?"

"Prank," said Batman.

"Excuse me sir?" asked Alfred.

"I'll tell you later," said Batman. A man in his early adult years immediately came running down some stairs

"Bruce," said the man. He had brown, shaved hair and blue eyes. "You left me, again."

"Tim," said Batman. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah you don't mean that," said Tim looking away. "Looks like you needed my help. Is your arm broken?"

"I was wondering the same thing too Master Tim, " said Alfred.

"No," said Batman. "It's just paralyzed. Looks like the feeling coming back too." He began to move his arm as if he was getting his feeling back.

"So the great Bruce Wayne could get his arm paralyzed?" asked a girl by the stairs Tim just came down.

"Barbara," said Batman. Barbara had red hair and blue eyes. Barbra began to walk towards Batman. She was passing Tim. Barbara was also a young adult.

"Drake," she said passing by.

"Gordon," Tim said back.

"I thought you were at the computers," said Batman.

"No after you asked about that Trixster girl I left to go check up on my dad," she said back.

"How is he?" asked Batman.

"He fine," Barbara replied. "He has a lot on his mind with all these new criminals sprouting up. Speaking of new criminals, did you find information on her yet?" Batman pulled out the piece of glass with Trixster's blood on it.

"I think this'll be everything I need," said Batman. He began to make his was over to another platform. The sound of running water was getting closer and closer as if there was a waterfall nearby. Batman came to the platform. There was a huge computer sitting in front of a waterfall inside the cave. Barbara, Tim, and Alfred were following Batman. Batman sat down in front of the computer. He pressed a button and a vile came up. Batman took some tweezers and pulled the glass out of the bag, and put it in the vile. He pressed the same button and the vile descended backed into the computer. Screens began to pop up.

"Did you find the boy sir?" asked Alfred.

"Yes," said Batman. "But sadly he decided to side with Trixster and her new family." A whole bunch of words showed up on the screen. Batman pressed another button, and medical papers showed up. Even a picture of Trixie before her transformation. It was obviously a school photo. Her blonde, curly hair was put in pigtails. Her blue eyes seemed to be filled with happiness, but also filled with hurt and sadness.

"She looked so pretty," said Barbara. "What made her go to the dark side?"

"Hanging with the wrong crowd," Batman said.

"Should've guessed," Barbara said. "But I mean, look at her. She should be the most popular girl at her school."

"Yeah," said Tim. "Wonder what happened."

"It says that she was apart of a circus group," said Batman. "She was with Haly's Circus, and she performed as a knife thrower. That's the same circus as Dick's. Maybe he knew her."

"Wow," said Barbara.

"Her name is Trixie Elizabeth Stine, and she was orphaned which led her to her circus career," said Batman. "After a while of her circus she decided to go to high school so she could get into a college. Makes sense. Tonight when I went to capture her, she already killed several people."

"Why would she kill people? Do you think she had a motif sir?" asked Alfred.

"Probably," Batman replied. "Joker twisted her mind and made her go out for revenge. He must have told her that I was the cause for her downfall. I do remember seeing a body of a young girl in front of Trixster. She was killed by the Joker's laughing gas and the symptoms showed that she was killed before the others." At the bottom of the computer screen was the news and a picture of a girl showed up. 

"That's her right there," Batman said. "Her name is Felicia Coleman."

"Joker got to her?" asked Tim "Why would he go after her?"

"It wasn't Joker," said Batman. " He and Harley Quinn were at the party, but it was Trixster that was in the heat of action."

"You mean she killed Felicia?" asked Barbara.

"Along with others," Batman grunted.

"That's pretty insane in my books," said Tim. "But that doesn't explain how she got her white skin and green hair."

"I think this would explain everything," said Batman. "Joker dropped her. I couldn't save her in time. Maybe this was my fault."

"Don't blame yourself Bruce," said Barbara. "You tried to help her and she didn't want it. Now you have to do what's right."

"My God," said Alfred. Then they heard Trixie insane laugh after the chemical had been cleared. "That does explain a lot." 

"So the boy that Trixster kidnapped decided to stay with stay with Trixster despite the fact that she killed his father?" asked Alfred.

"Pretty much," said Batman summing it up. "I don't know what's up with these people in Gotham City with wanting to be crazy and evil, but he decided to be a villain. I don't know why."

"Maybe something about Trixster appeals to him," said Barbara. "Or it could be the Stockholm syndrome."

"Maybe," said Batman. "But people normally don't show any symptoms of Stockholm syndrome until they with their captors for a long period of time."

"So, will we need more cells at Arkham?" asked Tim.

"No," said Batman. "Prank doesn't need a cell at Arkham. He not crazy like the others. He's dangerous, hints the reason why my arm was paralyzed for a short bit. He probably needs a cell at Blackgate."

"So what will we do?" asked Tim.

"There is only one thing we could do," said Batman. "We need to stop them as always."