Chapter 10: The Solo Adventures Begins

"What do you mean you don't want to go back?" asked Prank.

"I mean exactly what I said," Trixster said. "I don't want to go back, especially after you told me what you heard." They were staying at the abandoned building Trixster visited earlier.

"But," Prank began. "But, Joker, Harley, the rest of the dudes, the plan."

"Ever, since I learned that Joker set me up, I've been thinking," Trixster said.

"About?" asked Prank.

"Well," Trixster started to explain. "I don't think that Joker is meant for me. When you told me about what Joker said, and while I was in Arkham, I've realized that Joker used me. He proved that anyone could be brought down to his level, and that I was just his experiment. He ruined my life, and maybe I should go back to Arkham and receive medical attention."

"Oh listen to yourself," Prank said. "It's the sane side talking. You can't go back, not after I busted you out."

"Oh don't pretend that you're full, blown insane," Trixster said. 

"You're right," Prank said. "I'm not." I understand that you don't want to go back to Joker, but the least we can do is still be criminals, insane criminals." Trixster looked at him to see if this was still Prank talking. She couldn't believe what he was saying. After all this time of him becoming a criminal, he's been acting as if he doesn't belong. And now here he is talking to Trixster about staying criminals, insane criminals for that matter. She looked into his blue eyes. They seemed to be filled with hurt, as if all his life he's been always in pain. Then she began to think again. Here was a man who's life she ruined, she drove him into criminal activities just to have someone, like Joker had Harley. Why was he Helping her still after all the pain she caused him?

"Why are you helping me?" Trixster asked. 

"Huh?" asked Prank. 

"I said, why are you helping me? After all the pain I caused you."

"Trust me, I've been through worst."

"But I killed your father, I drove you into being a criminal, your future is ruined because of me. I mean, you had a plan. You were going to be psychiatrist. Not to mention you were a gymnast. You could've joined the Olympics and won a gold medal."

"I know," said Prank in a matter-of-fact tone. "You definitely ruined my plans."

"That makes me feel so much better," Trixster grumbled.

"Plus, that man you killed wasn't my father," said Prank.

"I don't get it. You screamed 'dad' or whatever when I shot him." Prank took a deep breath before replying.

"The man you killed was my step-father. My real dad is somewhere, I believe in Metropolis or  Star City." Trixster had a confused look on her face.

"So, you were living with your step-dad?"

"Well, really my ex-step-dad." Trixster's look got even more confused. 

"I guess I'll have to tell you my story huh?" Prank asked. Trixster nodded. 

"Well, when I was about two or three years old, my mom divorced my dad. He was abusive and was a drug addict. Even though we were a rich family, most of our money went to him buying drugs and alcohol."

"Why did your mom even marry him then?" Trixster asked.

"He wasn't always like that," Prank answered. "Or at least that's what my mom and older brother told me.