Chapter Seven: New York Vibes

"Yes, grandma." I sighed through the phone line in barely concealed annoyance, "I found him. Okay?"

Cora's voice buzzed back to me, it sounded grainy like one of those old television screens that makes everyone want to smash a plate through, "Don't let him intimidate you Alexa. Do what you have to do no matter what he does." Was her final sentence before the line fell dead, and I released a heavy sigh.

I stepped out of the phone booth and into the chilly night air with a new sense of empowerment, after I left home two days ago I had been relying on the guidance of the Fate's amulet to take me wherever I needed to go. It didn't fail me. Now I was close enough to smell him in the air, the scent was heavier than I expected, it had an effect that was almost like ambrosia.

Something had changed in me since those two days ago, maybe it was the fact that I had accepted my fate. I felt like I had been reborn with a purpose that I couldn't ignore anymore, instead of staying in a life where I could never truly use my abilities, I could exercise them with the Gods permission. There was a hunger for violence in me that was being satisfied right now.

But I wasn't alone in the hunt.

Wherever I was, they were always close by. I don't know what they were or who they were, but I did know what they wanted because it was the only thing we had in common. Scions. They wanted them for their blood and I wanted them so my soul wouldn't be damned in eternal hell.

Other than that, I don't think there was any other reason I would be in New York City. The buzz of life nearly knocked me out at first, not because it was knew to me but because it was my first time being in a city after such a long period of time. A new palate of smells had been reintroduced to me and let me tell you, some of them actually made me think highly of horse manure.

Water splashed against my boots from the puddles that had formed overnight, the rain was heavier than I had expected it to be and I almost threw a fit. There were so many scents from Descendants in this city but finding one that belonged to a Scion was like trying to fish for a needle in a haystack full of needles. Impossible. And the rain only washed them out even more so than they already were.

However, my armlet proved itself useful.

At least tonight it wasn't raining but that didn't mean that I was very happy to be parading through New York's excessively alive nightlife. Noise came from every corner of the city as the lights from the buildings beamed down on everyone, the club I was looking for was close by and I could smell a scent in the air that only grew thicker with every passing moment.

It didn't take long for me to find it.

"Excuse me little lady," I halted abruptly when the thick arm smacked on in front of me, "Back of the line now."

Out of all of the places it had to be, I can't say that I was surprised to find that it was one of Dionysus's Descendants raging clubs that happened to be one of the most popular one known to society so far. I let my eyes trail up the black inked arm and into the hard set eyes of the bouncer, a man who had the looks to make everyone do what he pleases.

"I'm looking for the Scion in the club." I bluntly stated and his eyes widened a fraction, "Move. Now."

Social skills had never been my area of expertise no matter how hard I tried but this guy didn't even give a damn, he stepped back slightly to look me over. I get that all he could see was a seventeen year old girl standing at 5'5 which isn't very intimidating but people had said over the years that I looked a lot older than I was.

"If you're looking for trouble," The bouncers voice had dropped a couple of octaves now and his face was schooled into a serious stare leveled on me, "Then I strongly advise you to move along, little girl."