Forgotten Little Things

Start from the beginning

I leave the room not a second later, for I didn't give him a chance to respond. I rubbed my arms at the coolness in the hall. It was getting colder outside and soon winter will be approaching. Before I head to the bathroom I turn the thermostat up higher.

As I entered the bathroom I started the water then watched myself in the mirror. I winced at my reflection. I look dead, and Dirk sees me like this? I shake my head and pry myself away from the decaying corpse. I approach my shower and step inside the nice steamy, hot water.

I let the hot water cascade down my back relaxing and tenderizing my muscles. I don't take long, and I even forgot to think about... Well you know!

When I get out, I dried my hair then wrapped my towel around my waist. I continued on towards my bedroom then slowly peeked inside. Dirk was back asleep in my bed with the covers up to his chin. A smile tugs at the corner of my mouth as I watch him.

I make my way towards my dresser and find the shirt I took from Dirk's house that night after. I think nothing of it as I place it on my thin frame. I threw on a pair of loose gym shorts and didn't bother with boxers since I will be staying inside all day.

I sighed then sat at the edge of my bed. I stared at nothing in particular, but kept thinking of scenarios that could numb my pain.

My first thought went to alcohol. I could easily go to one of those party's that the delinquents hold at their house. I imagine myself drinking to oblivion then having the time of my life.

I shake my head at the thought. I wouldn't do something so rash even if it were tempting. Alternatively, I imagined myself running away, far away from my problems and living free from anything that's bounding me back to this life, but I quickly rule that out. That's unfair to my parents and that's definitely unfair to Jade. She didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve someone so messed up as me.

She needed me..... She needed me? I laughed in despair at that mere thought of something so substantial. She didn't need me; she can do way better on her own. In fact, I need her. I need her way more than she needs me.

I felt movement on the bed and figured Dirk was getting up. Suddenly, I didn't like being in my room. I didn't like being inside. I stared at my walls and was overcome by the feeling of bondage. I needed to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Let's leave." I demanded in more of a one-sided decision. I turned around to see Dirk sitting up staring at me as if he was trying to climb aboard my train of thought. I gave him a couple more seconds but rendered him clueless. I sighed irritably at his state and repeated myself but more descriptively.

"I want to do something today." I stated. "Maybe we can find a party?" I asked without thinking too much into it. Dirk widened his eyes for a brief second. I continued to search his face for a more definite answer.

He yawned and ran a hand through his massive bed head. "Like what?" He asked. "One where there's going to be people getting trashed or... A party where we won't necessarily get in major trouble for?" He asked me as if he already knew my answer.

My brain was more interested in the first option so that's what I go with.

"The first one."

"Jake-"

"Well?" I asked him in a defending way. He looked unsure and I felt like I was being studied under his searching iris's. He eventually gave up and sighed.

"Alright, I'll see if Roxy knows if anyone is holding one today.... If anyone knows it's definitely her." His eyes turn to a brief flash of disgust, which makes me question him. I thought he and Roxy were the bestest of friends?