Chemistry X 2

I opened my eyes quite excited. I quickly hopped out of bed and prepared my day for school. The reason I'm so excited is because I'm friends with Dirk. Dirk Strider.... but secretly. I quickly straightened my plaid green over shirt. I left it unbuttoned revealing my white tank top. I looked into the mirror and smiled cheerily. My body frame is small, but I had muscle.... I know I do.

I placed my phone in my tan shorts and walked out my room to the kitchen. In there I found Jade making my lunch on the table. She looked up to me and smiled.

"Good Morning Jake!" She greeted. I smiled back and leaned against the table.

"Good Mornin' Jade! Did you study for your history test?" I asked. She nodded and handed me my bag of lunch.

"Oh Jake! I'll be having my friends coming over to stay the night." She informed me. I tilted my head.

"But Jade, this is a school night, and I need to speak with their guardians." I told Jade. She huffed and smiled. She handed me a paper with three numbers on them. Above each were the name's of her friends.

"I knew you were going to say that, so I got their guardians numbers for you. I need to go get ready for school now. You got up pretty early." Jade began picking up the bread and lunchmeat to put away. "Your bus will be here in thirty minutes. Make the calls now," she ordered as she left to the fridge. I nodded and pulled out my phone.

I looked at the first number which was under 'John'. I dialed it and waited for the other to pick up. Once they did we settled that John Egbert was indeed staying over. I dialed the number under 'Rose' and waited for the other to pick up.

"Hello?" a lady's voice answered. I was taken back by how young she sounded. I cleared my throat to speak.

"Hello! I'm Jake English, the guardian of Jade Harley. Jade said her little friends were staying the night and I wanted to make sure it was okay with you ma'am." I heard a pause then laughter. Why's she laughing at me? Did I do anything foolish?

"You're Jake English!?" She laughed.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Y-Yes ma'am, and you are?" I asked nervously. By the sound of that assumption, it sounds like trouble. She ceased her laughing into held back giggles.

"I'm Roxy Lalonde. The guy- girl you go to school whiff- with. I always hang out with Dirk. Your like- stalker victim." She giggled. I widened my eyes then narrowed them.

"I know who you are, and I don't stalk Strider! Now please! I was asking-"

"Yeah ya, My Rose said she'd- she'll be staying the night.... HEY!" I heard her squeal excitedly. I got worried and scratched the back of my head.

"Y-yeaahh?" I asked questioningly.

"You dof- don't happen to know if Dirk's little brother Dave is staying do you?" She asked with enthusiasm. I looked back at the paper. There in Jade's handwriting was 'Dave'. Dirk has a little brother? I wonder what he's like? I talked back into the phone.

"Yeah, why?" I asked curiously. She held in a giggle.

"Then we should haf- have a sleep over too! I'll invite Dirk and you can invite your friend Jane! She's in my study hall." She replied. I took a second to respond.

"Uhh... I don't know. I barely know you.... or Strider!" I had to quickly add. Frig! I have to remember that our friendship is a secret! I heard her giggle even more.

"Oh Jakey!" Jakey? "Dirk already told me about your 'secret friendship'. I'm his best friend! Why wouldn't he!" She took a deep breath. "So! If you're friends with Dirk, I need ta meet ya! And we all could be friends! .....Er... In secret wonk" Wonk? All friends in secret? I hesitated then looked at the time. Frig! I don't have time to call Dave's gaurdian- oh yeah... I can just tell him on the bus.