Close Call

Unknown: heyy. Jakey!

I glanced at my phone with a quizzical expression. Dirk awkwardly bumped into my sudden stop. "What's up?" He asked me.

"I got a text-"

"It's Roxy."

I looked up quizzically at the taller teen. I stared back down at my phone. Then I glanced up at Dirk one last time. He shrugged and started to walk up to what he assumed to be my house. I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my phone to type a response. Before I could type out the message a high pitch squeal rung in the air.

"Boys! Come onnn!! The party had already started!" Roxy squealed as Dirk walked in past her. Party? I felt a wave of confusion as I quickly walked in after Dirk.

"This is just a sleep over Roxy-" I was interrupted by a soft object thrown in my face. I caught the pillow in my arms and looked shocked at the thrower. Jade giggled and smiled.

"Oh! I'm sorry Jake! We were just engaging in a pillow fight." Jade explained. Dirk's younger look-a-like looked over at me. What's with the Strider's and shades?

"Bout damn time you guys got here. I want to go swimming." I was shocked by the language he used. I felt a little bothered by how many people there were. Jade and I rarely have this much company over... It seems a bit hard to keep under control. Who's idea was this again? ... Oh yeah, Lalonde's... I gave a strained smile.

"Um... Okay, well let's get ready to go swimming...." I announced. The younger kids jumped up to race to the bathroom to get changed. "One at a time!" I called out after them nervously. I sighed and closed my eyes. This is going to be one long -

"Jakeeee! Come on, I got your swimming suit!" I heard Roxy call from my kitchen. I opened my eyes and turned around with a smile. I walked over where us older kids were. Roxy handed Dirk orange swimming trunks and she handed me dark green swimming trunks.

"Thanks Lalonde, but you didn't have to buy me one... I have my own." I thanked her. I felt bad that she wasted money on something that I already have. She shrugged her shoulders and laughed.

"Janey! Come on and get changed with me!" Roxy squealed holding the new bought swim wear. Jane giggled and nodded her head ethusiasticly.

"You guys can use my room to change if you need to." I offered. They smiled and ran down the hall. I chuckled as I watch them go. Seems like Jane and Roxy became good friends fast. "So, Strider.." I called out turning around. "Shall we go into the bathroom to get changed?" I asked. I couldn't tell his facial expression because of those stupid dark shades! He nodded and I lead the way to the small spare bathroom.

I opened the door and allowed Dirk to walk in. This bathroom was quite small, but I guess big enough for two. "This better be worth it," Dirk mumbled. I tilted my head and faced the opposite way to get dressed. I took off my shirt feeling a little embarrassed about my small frame. I then quickly switched out my shorts and trousers with my swim trunks. "My hair's gonna get all ruined.." I heard Dirk angrily mumble again.

I turned around, glad to see he was already changed, but had his shirt on. "How long does it take to do your hair?" I asked. He turned my way.

"Let me get pass you." I moved out of his way as he walked pass me to look in the mirror. "It takes like... five to ten minutes." He took off his shades and set them on the sink. He looked at me in the reflection as I continued to listen to him curiously. "I gotta look rad." Dirk stated. He grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it up revealing his nicely built body. I looked with wide eyes... I'm puny compared to him...