Forgotten Little Things

I woke up due to my early alarm. I don't know why I even like waking up this early.

I was wrapped against Dirk comfortably, and I didn't want to get up. I opened my eyes and studied the sleeping features of Dirk. I smiled a bit. It was nice being this close to him.

Sooner than later the buzz of the alarm starts to annoy me. I reach behind me, unlatching myself from Dirk, and hit the off button on the clock. As soon as I turned back around Dirk pulled me closer and nuzzled himself into my neck. I began running my hands through his hair.

"Dirk... We need to get up now." I whispered in his ear. I didn't know why I was even trying. If he could sleep through anything, I'm pretty sure he couldn't hear me.

I watched Dirk's features twist into an irritating one.

"What time is it?" He mumbled. Ah, so he can hear me. I glanced back at the clock already knowing the time.

"Six."

"Jesus Christ!" He whispered in a form of a yell. He forced open his eyes squinting at me like I gone mad with his orange iris's hidden mostly by his eye lids. "Jake. Why?" He asks.

I blink away my sleepiness. I wasn't that tired, but I just didn't want to get out of bed. A quick thought crosses my mind. I wrap my arms around Dirk's neck catching him off guard. His eyes open wider watching me suspiciously. I nuzzle my face in the crook of his neck. I pecked his neck with kisses and played with the hair at the bottom of his head.

"Then let's play hooky... " I mumble into his skin. I closed my eyes then smiled as I felt his hands placed on my hips. I could hear him sigh contently before pulling my body closer to his.

"I didn't think you were quite the 'bad boy' Mr. English?" Dirk's voice questioned. I chuckled nervously.

I'm not a bad boy. I like to believe I'm as smooth as silk, but braver than an adventurer. I still like to follow the code of conducts, but I also want to take the risks. Dirk doesn't seem to follow any rules that he's given, which may be why he gets into so much trouble. He's always so certain of himself while I'm still a lost puppy. Dirk knows what he's doing while I'm getting pushed along.

I wish I was more like him.

"There's a lot you don't know about me." I responded with less meaning than the statement originally held. I was begging, almost pleading with my words that he would understand me. I expected him to pick up on it, but he just raised an eyebrow.

"I'd like to find out." He placed a tender kiss against my forehead, and I refrained myself from letting that vacant expression conquer my countenance.

I ran my hands across his chest. Outlining his lean muscular torso. He didn't question it, and I didn't realize I was following every crease and dip because I was too enveloped in my thoughts.

I was sad... Was I really? I couldn't tell at this point. Did I always feel this way? A quizzical expression spread itself upon my face, and I came back to focus once I heard incoherent mumbling.

"Huh?" I looked into his iris's with a sense of lost thinking. He stares at me for a second more as if he were trying to find what went wrong.

"Are you okay Jake?" He asks me with a slight tone of worry. I give a weak smile.

"Yes, yeah I'm fine." I replied rather too quickly and higher pitched. I sit up stretching my limbs and hearing the aching pops of my bones echo in my ears. "I'm going to shower." I respond without gazing in his general direction. I decided I needed to think, and thinking in a hot shower wouldn't be too bad.