Image in My Mind!

Strider was being honest when he said he was going to avoid me. Even with Chemistry he only talked to me about the objective of the assignment. I had to pry my eyes away from him every time we passed by in the halls. I couldn't risk anyone seeing me then making a overdramatic scene about Jake the Obsessed.

I made my way to the lunch table I always sit at. Jane wasn't quite here yet, but I waited for her before I opened my lunch. I sighed and stared down at the table tempted to look over at Strider's table. I tapped my fingers on the table until I heard the sound of a tray getting placed on it. I looked up and saw Jane sitting down with a smile.

"Jane! There you are, I was getting quite worried." I glanced at her tray. "You decided with the schools food then?" I asked with a smiled. She nodded then smiled back.

"Yeah, I would've pack a lunch, but my father accidentally destroyed our kitchen..." Her voice dipped and she laughed after it. I widened my eyes surprised.

"How unfortunate! Were you guys alright!?" I asked with deep concern. Jane picked up her fork and stabbed her spaghetti.

"Yes, we're fine Jake! Hoo hoo. Just a lot of cleaning up to continue doing once I get home." Jane explained then took a forkfull of spaghetti and ate it. I chuckled and began opening my lunch. I was about to bite into my sandwich until Jane continued. "Oh! I heard you got detention for Tarlyn's actions! Everyone knows he did it, we could easily fix up the situation and get you out of-"

"Oh no thanks! I'm fine really!" I exclaimed before she finished. I knew Tarlyn was behind all of this! What a brute! Jane gave me a weird look and tilted her head.

"Why? Don't you want out of detention?" She asked. I looked around and leaned closer to Jane keeping my voice low. Jane leaned in to.

"Strider has detention too, so now I can figure him out once and for all," I whispered. Jane quickly retreated and narrowed her eyes.

"Jake! There's nothing to figure out about him, he's a dangerous man-"

"That's just it Jane!" I angrily whisper shouted. I leaned my head down and placed my hands above my head. "He's not dangerous at all... That's just how people say he is or see him as... I want to get to know his secrets. What makes him him." I quickly flickered my eyes towards Strider's tabled to see him taking with the smaller blonde. I looked back at Jane with curious eyes. "He's so interesting!" I exclaim. Jane pursed her lips then smiled widely. She began giggling nonstop.

"What?" I asked with my head still on the table. She covered her mouth and looked away still with amused filled eyes.

"Oh nothing, but.... It seems to me like you have a crush on him or something." She stated. I quickly sat up in my seat with wide eyes.

"I do not!!" I exclaimed. I could she her continue giggling at my awkward state. I could feel my cheeks fill with the heat pink hue blush. "Jane, I do not." I repeated to try to cease her giggling. I do not have a crush on Strider! Why would I? Yes, he's quite attractive and all, but I barely even know him! That's why I'm trying to know him. But not to have a crush on him!! Just to cease my bizzare attraction- bizzare interest from him.

Jane stopped giggling but still had on that smile. "Oh, sure you don't Jake. It's not like he's on your mind almost the whole day. It's not like you keep wanting to stare at him, or you keep wanting to talk to him. It's not like you want him to be by you all day-"

"Jane!" I yelled embarrassed. The main reason I was embarrassed was because all she was stating was true. But does all those qualify as a crush for him? I barely even know him... and besides that he's a boy. However, gender shouldn't really matter if it's someone you really fancy. Though, I barely know anything about him! I sighed and looked back at Jane. "I barely even know him..." I replied gloomily.

Caught in a Strider's Web (Dirk X Jake)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara