Smash & Grab by: Amy Christine Parker

Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker

Published by Random House Books for Young Readers

Expected Publication: July 19 2016

Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Action

Pages: 352

Format: eARC

Source: Netgalley

Ocean's Eleven meets the star-crossed lovers of West Side Story. Grab some popcorn and get ready for an adrenaline-filled heist!

LEXI is a rich girl who loves a good rush. Whether it's motorcycle racing or BASE jumping off a building in downtown Los Angeles, the only times she feels alive are when she and her friends are executing one of their dares. After her father's arrest, Lexi doesn't think twice about going undercover at his bank to steal the evidence that might clear his name. She enlists her hacker brother and her daredevil friends to plan a clever heist.

CHRISTIAN is a boy from the wrong side of the tracks. The local gang has blackmailed him and his friends into robbing banks, and he is desperate for a way out. When the boss promises that one really big job will be the last he ever has to do, Christian jumps at the chance for freedom. In fact, he's just met a girl at the bank who might even prove useful. . . .

Two heists. One score. The only thing standing in their way is each other.

Told in alternating points of view, this caper is full of romance and fast-paced fun. Hand to fans of Perfect Chemistry, The Conspiracy of Us, and Heist Society.

Buy Links:

Amazon│Barnes & Noble│Indigo

Review:

Smash & Grab is not a book that I think I will be picking up to re-read anytime soon.

Lexi, a rich girl who robbed banks with her friends from the adeline rush and before her father was sent to jail for mortgage fraud, goes undercover at a bank in order to find evidence to convict her father's former boss in this whole scam. Then there's Christian, a guy from the wrong side of the tracks, who is blackmailed into robbing banks. When they both end up targeting the same bank, they team up for one last score.

Though I enjoyed the amazing writing, and the characters were captivating, the overall novel left like it was lacking. I get the plot and storyline, and yes they were both intriguing, but I felt that the author didn't invest enough into Lexi's POV. Characters that could have been delightful to read about were barely thought of, making me wish there was some personality in Lexi's POV. I would have also enjoyed seeing more depth in all of the characters.

As for the heist itself, I didn't feel excited or on edge or anything really. I had hoped that Smash & Grab will be something similar to Heist Society but in the end I just felt disappointed and uninterested.

Rating:

★★

About The Author:

AMY CHRISTINE PARKER writes full-time from her home near Tampa, Florida, where she lives with her husband, their two daughters, and one ridiculously fat cat. Visit her at amychristineparker.com and follow her on Twitter @amychristinepar.

com and follow her on Twitter @amychristinepar