Summer Days Drifting Away by: Tulsi

Summer Days Drifting Away is full of love, hope, warmth, and overall acceptance. 

Summer Days Drifting Away is about Elise Rockwood, a 16-year-old who is forces to join the summer lounge called Reactional Activity Lounge (a.k.a. RAL) by her best friend Aurora Holmes. Once she arrives at the program, there is nothing more interesting and exciting than meeting the most trustworthy friends she has ever made or had. However, Brandon Ristovski manages to catch Elise's attention when he comes back from his vacation from Cuba. As days go by, the two spend more time together at the lounge...but both want something more from their relationship with each other. When Elise begins to have issues with her friends, time ticking against her, and summer is coming to an end one has to question just how will this summer end?

Let me start off by saying something that always pops into my head when reading this novel, the title sort of reminds me of Grease. Do any of you feel that way? Anyway, with that being said let's dive in. 

The novel reminds me in a way of Morgan Matson's novels (Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Second Chance Summer, etc.). The way that the plot unravels, the friendship, the deeper meanings, and ultimately the season in which all of Morgan Matson's novels take place...summer! Don't get me wrong this is definitely not a bad thing. If someone compared my writing to Morgan Matson's I would both cry and laugh. 

Summer Days Drifting Away is such a fun, light read that will make you feel such vast emotions. The novel opens with Elise basically describing what has been going on. From there we meet Aurora, who is literally full of energy (and maybe even life....yep). I adore the dynamic between the two friends, especially the scene where Aurora is trying to convince Elise to go to the lounge for the summer and is like "I'll find you friends". The novel continues at a rather slow pace, which I surprisingly enjoy, and brings a sense of tranquility. 

The only issue I had with the novel would have to be the fact that there are a few minor grammatical errors. For example, in chapter one it states "She blabbers, as sit on the park bench." It should actually state, "She blabbers, as she sits on the park bench". Besides that this novel is definitely a blast to read. 

I would recommend Tulsi's novel, Summer Days Drifting Away, to anyone that enjoys fun, enjoyable, emotional, summer reads. Seriously, check it out today. 

Reviewed Chapters: 1-4

Rating:

★★★★1/2

Summary from Wattpad:

Summer's just begun and 16-year-old Elise Rockwood couldn't be enjoying the bliss anymore. That is, until her best friend Aurora Holmes, forces Elise to join the summer lounge, named RAL (Reactional Activity Lounge). With great difficulty, Elise ends up attending the program her best friend keeps urging her to.

Once she arrives, there's nothing more interesting than meeting the most trustworthy friends Elise has ever made. Brandon Ristovski, however, manages to catch Elise's attention when he comes back from his vacation from Cuba. Summer days go by, and the two spend time together as friends at the lounge. But Brandon and Elise both want more from this relationship. Through the friendship issues between Elise and her other friends, time keeps ticking.

The closer the end of summer approaches, Elise and Brandon are running out of time. So if not now, then when?

© Copyright 2016 Tulsi107

About The Author:

n a m a s t e

❝living by the beautiful quotes that

complete my life.❞

• motivational speaker

• food lover

• pianist & singer

• psychology

• palm reader

• vegetarian

• extrovert

• certified procrastinator

• shawn mendes & taylor swift

• shopping lover

• co-founder of @RamblingBrooks

my advice forum:

https://www.wattpad.com/forums/vanilla/discussion/1113472/advice-column-ask-now

♫ thank you to all my followers, voters, commenters, and fans for all the support you provide me! ♫

#freeyourbody #projectwomanup #freementalillness

xoxo