Chapter 8: Poisonous Wine

Copyright 2016 © Rosesareforever

Haunted by the Past

Chapter 8

'Poisonous Wine'

The soft melody of jazz music played in the background of Stephanie's apartment as she shuffled back to her spot on the worn couch. It had been a surprisingly quiet day at work and since it was Saturday she didn't have to go to the dancing studio right after. A night off. How long had it been since she could truly enjoy a peaceful night at home? Too damn long that was for sure. Life always seemed to get in the way.

She'd started off her one night in heaven by getting out of her dirty clothes, taking one long-ass shower that had probably cost a fortune in water and put on the comfy shirt three sizes too big that was her favorite to sleep in. After that, she'd walked barefooted to her cabinet of joy, in other words the one that contained goodies like candy and wine, and took out her favorite bottle of wine. It had cost way more than she could afford, but was totally worth it. She deserved a treat.

The first glass had disappeared in minutes, the second soon followed, the third was long forgotten and the fourth didn't taste much different than a five-dollar bottle of wine. In other words, Stephanie had surpassed tipsy and had gone straight to drunk. She'd needed it. Why? The reason was six foot four, had the oddest green eyes, a body to die for and too much charm for his own good. She might not have seen David Thompson for over a week, which seemed like ages since he constantly showed up everywhere she went the weeks lately, but that didn't mean he wasn't constantly on her mind.

He might be staying away, but the man made damn sure she couldn't forget about him. His texts messages weren't constant, but they were frequent and they always included some kind of sexual innuendo that made her remember their nights together. Which as a result turned Stephanie into one horny woman. She'd never used her vibrator so much and it showed because the stupid thing had given up on her. Two days ago, the battery operated goodness suddenly decided to stop working, right before she reached oblivion. Karma must be a bitch. Seriously, how freaking unlucky could she be?

So for tonight, Stephanie had decided that getting shitfaced was ten times better than going to sleep unsatisfied. Because a self-induced orgasm came nowhere close to being as pleasurable as one caused by a seven inch long cock or a masterful tongue. Yes, David had totally ruined her. Every time she closed her eyes, all she could see was his face hovering over hers, those piercing green eyes staring at her knowingly when he thrust his hips forward and filled her to the hilt.

What she hadn't taken into account was that her crazy ass might decide to drunkenly text him. Her mind might be the one in control when she was sober, but once the alcohol was flowing all bets were off. Stephanie should've known she would do something reckless and stupid when she was filled up with liquid courage, but she'd naively believed that she'd just go to bed and sleep it off once she'd drunken one glass too many.

'Need you.' Two words. Two words that admitted too fucking much. The minute her finger pressed send she regretted typing the text. Yes, she missed him. Yes, deep down she wanted nothing more than to spend another night in his arms. That didn't mean it was a good idea. Oh no, it probably was the stupidest thing she could do. The fact that she couldn't get the man out of her head was dangerous enough. Add in that she only seemed to be satisfied when it was his cock, mastered fingers or tongue that brought her to orgasm. Stephanie was scared shitless.

The demons she carried within her were hovering everywhere around her, whispering in her ear, nagging at her conscious. She couldn't seem to shut them up. The only time they disappeared were when David was in the room to scare them away. When she looked at him everything around her was quiet. They only returned when he was gone.