“It doesn’t matter who you hang out with outside of class all that matters is who you are partnered with inside of this class.” says Miss Jackson.

A few students glanced at me as I found a small mark on the board very interesting. Taylor is a bitch as was and always will be. Ever since my brother turned her down she made it her goal to try to make my life miserable and how things were going she was succeeding. Losing myself in my thought I didn’t hear Miss Jackson when she asked me something.

“Anna?” she says.

“Yes?” I say.

“What do you love about art?”

I shrugged, “A lot I guess.”

“Like?”

Tapping my thumb on the desk I say, “I love that you can lose yourself into it. That you can express yourself into your work.”

Miss Jackson smiles and looks at Harry, “What about you Harry?”

Crossing his arms he says, “I like that it can make your vulnerable.”

“Vulnerable? How so?” she asks.

“When someone draws its like putting their heart and soul on the paper. It’s like putting everything about them in that one picture. Putting all the hurt, the pain, love, and joy, all into a picture. A picture can speak a thousand’s words.”

Miss Jackson nods, “I agree. What kind of art do you like to work with?”

“The basic kind really. I like to take different things and put it into something and make it special.” He smiles, “But don’t get me wrong, I do like to get messy preferably with body paint and a white mat to roll around on.” As he says that Harry bumps his legs into mine and I turned my head.

He was trying to be funny.

The girls in class giggled as I sat there and began biting my nails. As soon as the bell rang Harry stood and I followed him.

“Hey!” I call to him.

“So now you want to talk?” he smirks.

“Kind of, I want to ask you something.”

Stopping mid-step Harry spun around and looked at me. Raising a brow he says, “Well?”

Taking a breath I say, “The other day in the cafeteria you said Bientôt. I was wondering why?”

Harry facial expression changed as he says, “I didn’t say anything in the cafeteria.”

“Yes you did, I heard you.”

Harry looks at me and smirks, “Really? Now why exactly would I be telling you ‘Soon’? What’s happening soon?”

I shrugged, “That’s why I’m asking you.”

Harry looks at me and then around him as he steps to me, backing me into the lockers, “Pebbles your cute I give you that, but I didn’t say Bientôt to you the other day.”

“So I’m imagining it?”

“Among other things.” He smiles as he steps back and turns around, “Chao for now ma caillou”

“Ma what?” I called after him.

Running his hand through his hair he walks away with strict confidence, out the back door leading to the parking lot.

“Dick.” I mutter as I made my way to my car.

Today was my first day at doing community service at the police station and I was dying to have a cup of coffee before I went. Getting into my car I tossed my backpack in the backseat when a knock sounded off my window. Jumping I turned around to see Daniel standing at the window. Letting out a sigh I rolled down the window.