Chapter 3: Black Butterfly

"So an opportunity has arisen for me to claim my long awaited prize." Hawkmoth smiled as he pressed the button resting beside the door. He looked at the window, watching the shutters slide open soundlessly. His heart fluttered at the sight over the city he was gifted from being in such a high place. He sighed lovingly before quickly shaking his head to dismiss the feeling and blocked his mind against such things.

He glided to the center of the room. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back, feeling the frustrations and sorrow from the Black Cat now gallivanting through the rooftops. He was trying to distract himself from his negative emotions. Hawkmoth smirked at his attempts as he opened his eyes, his gaze following the cat.

Butterflies can sense flowers and each other. One of the side effects of having the butterfly miraculous is that he can sense people's emotions, even the heroes of Paris. His smile grew as he looked at the floating Kwami beside him who was watching the black clad hero with sympathy.

"Nooroo." The butterfly stiffened at the sound of his voice. "Transform me." His smile turned into a smirk as the purple butterfly flinched at his words before being sucked into the miraculous attached to Hawkmoth's suit.

Hawkmoth closed his eyes with a sigh as the familiar rush of power flowed through his body. He smiled as he opened his eyes and observed a handful of butterflies flying past the vast window. His smile grew as he looked around the empty room. It made him feel small with its empty spaces and domed roof; but also well protected from the prying eyes of the citizens of Paris and the heroes.

His smile grew as he watched the dozens of white butterflies flitter aimlessly with no goal but to fly. His white butterflies. Hawkmoth rested his cane against his leg as he held out his left hand, watching a white butterfly land on it.

"The poor boy seems to be at his wits end with no help from his father. This Kitty cat needs freedom from the pains that consume him." He spoke softly to the butterfly as he placed his other hand over it. He could feel the butterfly twitch beneath as a black mist seeped through his fingers. He released the purplish-black insect and watched it fly away. "Go my little Akuma and help him see that I can be an ally," he called to it as it went through the small hole in the flower like pattern of the large window.

Hawkmoth watched the butterfly flutter over the rooftops and towards the black cat who was now standing still and seeming to stare off into the distance before he dropped to his knees. A smirk tickled the corner of Hawkmoth's mouth as it floated around Cat Noir.

His smirk widened as a glowing purple butterfly appeared in front of his face. "Hello Cat Blanc. I am Hawkmoth and I am here to help. You have the power to remain free for as long as you desire. In return I ask for Ladybug's miraculous stone."

Hawkmoth could sense thesmile curling Cat's mouth after a moment's hesitation. "Aye Hawkmoth. All willbe purrrrfectly free." Cat cooed darkly as Hawkmoth grinned from ear to ear,ecstatic at capturing his rare prize.