Chapter Four - Jason Hayes

Start from the beginning

"December, Who might be this prince charming?!" I rolled my eyes at the air headed reply from some girl December was talking to.

"Here's a few hints, He's sweet, cute and his last names Hayes." December sighed and began to walk the other way. I could feel my lips turn up into a bright smile. Anyone just walking by and seeing me could have thought I had just won the lottery. But it was so much more. She snuck out this late to come see me? It was already three in the morning. Wow was I lucky!

Now back to my mothers issue! She was meeting, well...We were meeting my father who she hasn't seen since I was Twelve. I already hated him. He always made December uncomfortable. When we were joking around in the den, He slapped her. Dad was always like this. Then one night...

Tears streamed down my face but I wiped them away sighing. How stupid I probably looked. Crying. Get yourself together! I told myself.

I finally got the courage and approached December. "Such a lovely young lady shouldn't be doing that. It is very impolite." She gasped and snatched her fingers from the icing from the cake. I chuckled and got some icing myself.

She glared at me. "Jerk. Look, I am busy." She sighed and tried to walk away.

I rolled my eyes. "Busy eating the icing off the cake? I wonder-"

"Jason, how grown up you are!" The reply wasn't from December but from my father.

I not thinkingly just began to walk away. "Sorry wrong person." I said in a deeper voice and strode to where December had left. Oh how I longed for her support. "December, wait up!" I called and she stopped to a halt. I smiled as she turned to face me. I smirked evilly. "You're wearing the necklace I got you."

She looked down to her necklace which laid just above her chest. "Oh." She brought her hands behind her back and unlatched it. She pulled it out and handed it to me. "You can have it back if you want. But I'm not going to lie, I've always held on to it since you gave it to me. I don't know why but." She paused and looked at it again. "I love it." She muttered the same way she did when I gave it to her.

It brought an awful pain to my chest. Seeing her so weak and vulnerable. I wanted to just laugh and play like little kids again. No worries. No hesitation. No secrets.

I looked down to the heart shaped crimson red necklace. Dark green and brown laced together and joined the red in a beautiful mix. It looked like nature took it over but made of silver and dye. I opened the lock and gaped. It was Still there. I shut it quickly and looked up to December. For some reason she was looking at my hair as she tilted her head confused. "What?" I asked skeptical.

She sighed. "Your hair. It's a dirty brown. You dyed it?" She asked and I immediately covered her mouth with my hand.

"Shh! It's part of the popular look now. Be quiet will you?" I asked rolling my eyes.

She chuckled and shoved my hand away roughly. "Well, I thought your Blonde hair was handsome on you." She smiled.

I shook my head. "No. It was stupid. Girls like messy brown."

"I'm a girl. I liked blonde. I thought it was actually quite attractive," She shrugged and brushed pass me. "Oh and I also thought Glasses and green eyes fit you well. Wish you'd stay the same and stop acting like a chick." She laughed and stormed the other way.

I froze and just stood there. I furrowed my eyebrows. "She thought I was attractive?" I asked myself under my breath which caused me to break out into a goofy smile.

I had always had a huge crush on December when we were kids and She still today makes me a little nervous. Her dark brown hair, brown eyes and lips curved just right. And two things no one knew was she had the voice of an angel and could dance like no one I've seen before. She was not a Tom boy but not a girly girl either. She had the let's get to the point spirit and Then she can change to a soft gentle spirit. Then there was her other side. She used to have panic attacks and would sneak out at night to see me. We both knew just how to make each other laugh and feel better.