Chapter Forty- Five

A promise...
He walked towards the young guy who sat sobbing infront of the grave and hugged him from behind clinging to his back.
"Ne..Asuza kun..I've been wondering..this pain in my chest, it's not the boy's is it? i put him to a long sleep so why does it hurt?" He questioned placing his both hands over asuza's arms that went around his neck.
"Donot doubt me reiji sama, i have only loved you..I'm a selfish being" Asuza whispered with his umbrella placed aside getting wet in rain as well.
"You're a crazy boy" reiji mumbled.
"Its your fault for being kind to me...i see no one else but you.." Asuza replied.
"Even when you know i love Takahashi?" Reiji questioned but suddenly Asuza tightened his grip around reiji's neck causing him to struggle a bit.
"Do you think i would raise you without that in mind??"
"Asuza!" Reiji suddenly pushed him away from himself taking a bit of breath.
"Ah sorry, that was terrible behavior on my behalf reiji sama" Asuza bowed properly though reiji was shocked considering Asuza only used minor strength and it almost got Reiji subjugated..his power felt totally on a different level from before this all happened.
.....
.....
"He hasn't eaten or drunk anything how am i supposed to give him medicine?" Yuna stood outside the door talking to Tsubaki when igaraishi came out of room hearing all the mumbling.
Takahashi was awake but since then he was silent and still , he hadn't spoken much less shown any expression he simply kept on staring at the ceiling without blinking much.
"What is it?" Igaraishi asked
"We need to give him medicine..and.." Yuna was holding a food tray with bowl of soup.
"He won't eat?" Igaraishi raised a brow understanding the situation.
"Yeah.." Yuna nodded.
"Alright give it to me" Igaraishi took the tray from her.
"I'm so sorry Igaraishi sama..I'm always coming to you selfishly for help, i even got you involved in this whole thing by asking you to save isshi sama.." Yuna bowed her head but tsubaki's eyes widened.
"Yuna don't be so stiff, i was involved from the start" igaraishi didn't really wanted to mention but he remembered his encounter with Austin in bathroom where he pretty much tried to seduce him but got knocked off by his brother.
"I wonder why are you so gentle compared to your older brothers.." She mumbled.
"That's where you're mistaken" he sighed "I'm no different from my older brothers, i do things to piss them off half the time"
"Well that's what you say on the outside but inside i can see a good heart" Yuna replied.
"Don't say weird stuff woman" he flicked her forehead with a slight blush and a frown.
"Ow" she cringed a little but then he rubbed her forehead before going in.
"Iggi niii totally got embarrassed there didn't he?" Tsubaki mumbled with a poker face.
"He's always like this, if he were more honest he wouldn't have been in unrequited love for half a century..."
Yuna went off back to kitchen to wash dishes with cheimi that the visitors had left behind.
"Unrequited love huh?" Tsubaki mumbled to herself.
....
"Akihito kun, there's a visitor for you" the grandmother knocked at his door, he had kept himself shut in since funeral.
"He won't respond" the grandmother told the visitor sadly.
"Open the door Akihito" The guest called out and after a little silence the door unlocked and he opens it.
"Tsubaki chan ?" He peeps from a corner but she pushes the door and barges in.
The grandmother went away leaving the two to talk.
"Why'd you.." He wanted to ask but simply didn't feel like being able to face her.
"Why were you ignoring me at funeral?" Tsubaki asked directly.
"I wasn't ignoring..." He mumbled.
"Then lift your head and look me in the eyes" she spoke with a strict tone.
Akihito clenched his fists but he couldn't really seem to raise his head.
"It's not your fault" she mumbled making his eyes widen a little.
"It...is.." He murmurs after a pause
"Aurora san i know wouldn't blame you for it, she's the kind of person who'd die forty times over for others..so do you think she really died for you to be depressed about it or so that you can live on?" Tsubaki frowned.
"If i would've died instead she'd..." He was about to say something but tsubaki ended up slapping him in the face and his ' serious expressionless ' face teared up.
"Don't you dare disrespect that woman by considering her sacrifice as a mistake" tsubaki growled.
Akihito couldn't maintain that tough outlook anymore either and he covered his face with both hands while starting to sob not wanting her to see it.
She walked closer and puts arms around him once he started to let it out, both were about same height though tsubaki was wearing heels it made her a bit taller and she took his face in her chest.
"Let it out" she rubbed his back while he continued to let out muffled sobs.
"She had a smile on y'know , that badass woman" tsubaki smiles.
...
"Takahashi, you ought to eat.."
Igaraishi held a spoonful of soup infront of Takahashi who was seated up with his back resting against the pillow on headboard.
"Come on child you'd ruin your health badly.." He tried to get through to Takahashi but it was like he wasn't even listening and was probably wandering in some other dimension, even when there was lightning with a huge flashing noise.
"That woman in heaven must be angry" igaraishi spoke while looking at the windows that would light up into purple after every few, managing to gain a little attention of Takahashi.
"Ah again there's loud thunder well ofc she's angry, i mean who wouldn't be angry if you save someone's lives and people take it for granted" igaraishi sighed but now atleast Takahashi moved his head to look at the lightning.
"She must be sorry she saved all ya lives just to be slapped in the face by suicidal brats who think by killing themselves they do her a favor" igaraishi went again but this time Takahashi clenched upon the sheets
"Please stop.." Takahashi mumbled in a low whisper "what do you even know about her...don't speak like you understand the pain.."
Igaraishi became quiet for a little
"it's true i don't know much about the woman but I'm not an asshole to mock a woman's attempt to save her family by trying to kill what she sacrificed her life to save , so it's you brat who don't understand nothing!" igaraishi became a bit angry
"I'm so done , so freaking done you don't wanna eat fine don't eat! Die if you want here"
igaraishi took out his knife and handed it in Takahashi's palm
"go ahead!" He stamped out of the room angrily leaving Takahashi dumbfounded but within 2 seconds came back and snatched his knife
"go get your own damn knife!"
He yelled leaving again once more "eat that damn soup in fifteen minutes or i swear I'll pipe it down in your damn mouth!" Igaraishi yelled from outside the door while Takahashi was a bit surprised by the childish behavior of ever so composed igaraishi sama.
Though once he was alone, he started to think about what igaraishi said and looked back at the window when there was lightning again
"Alright alright , don't be mad Aurora chan.."
He mumbled smiling a bit with trembling lips and held the soup bowl starting to eat it while crying out with each spoon his face became messed up even more and his sobs became more louder and childish. On the other side of door Igaraishi, Yuna and cheimi took a sigh of relief finally hearing him cry it all out without holding back.
....
....
"Return?"
"Yeah"
"I thought you hated our world"
"I do, which is why i want reiji sama to change it"
"Change?"
"Take over Anquis mundos Reiji shuichi sama and destroy every painful memory you and i have there"