Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Five for three"
Austin noted down on notebook while assembling up the crumbled papers on ground again and stood in front of them. He closed his eyes and fully concentrates on the image of the ten crumbled pages on floor and eventually four of them turned into snakes.
"That's less than last time" he sighed opening his eyes, the snakes started to move around while Austin sat on bed holding a stopwatch noting something down very attentively. He had been in his room the whole day considering it was holiday from school but his parents weren't home, they had to work on Saturdays too.
"Well atleast the time has improved" Austin mumbled to himself while relaxing back once the temporary skin vanished and the snakes turned back to crumbled pages. He had been practicing for a while now, it had been four ordinary days since he last talked to tsubaki but that wasn't all, it had been a week altogether since he had any contact with Asuza too.
Not that he wasn't bothered by it but more like he wanted to be able to look at Asuza without feeling guilty about it.
At first it had been pretty difficult to figure out how to form one but then he recalled those emotions that led him to making one and eventually it became easier to form those snakes. Though keeping them stable was another thing, they weren't entirely in his control and would move around randomly until they disappear.
"Alright one more time"
...
"Niichan you in there?"
Tsubaki knocked at the door and came in asuza's room who didn't seem to be there
"Niichan are you in washroom?" She questioned but when she checked nobody was there either.
This had been happening too often as well, Asuza would randomly disappear different times a day and then when he'd be back he'd always claim he was walking outside or forgot something at school. Tsubaki certainly felt it was enough, she had to tell her mom now Asuza wasn't being himself lately and it was irritating her to the point that she'd randomly call Akihito in middle of day and call him out to hangout even when they weren't really friends.
She was avoiding it as much as possible.. But it was enough already..
...
Austin took a shower right after practice and came to his closet naked with a towel around his waist and while searching for some clothes once he wore them he felt a bit uneasy in the new boxers he realized he had some comfortable boxers that he couldn't really find. He randomly messed up the clothes to find them and then checked in the drawers when he felt a weird sensation. The drawer was jammed because of something stuck behind it, Austin forcefully pulled out the whole drawer and then reached his hand inside the empty space to check what was jamming it earlier
...he grasped something soft...
Austin pulled whatever it was out, even though it felt like it was glued in due to being behind a closed drawer for too long.
"What's...?"
Austin sat there now holding something, it was crumbled up and he eventually started to open it
A child's shirt, laden in pitch black liquid stains..
"What is this..?" He questioned himself, he was unsure what was that staining liquid on the little shirt but he had an idea that he didn't like very much.
Once the shirt was fully open Austin lifted it in light to have a good look at it when the bathroom door behind him closed itself with a loud bang startling him
"W..W..h..who's ..there..?!"
He gained some courage to yell but there was no response, until he felt something really warm and when he looked down upon it the shirt had caught a small fire that eventually grew bigger and Austin had to throw it off him while quickly trying to step on it to put off the fire.
But it didn't stop, the fired continued to burn that cloth...it burned till it was molded into a disgusting black substance that caused Austin to cough madly as he tried to put it off by various methods and when none worked he ran out of the room to get a jug of water. However when he did came back with one, it was gone...the shirt was gone and there was no trace left of it either, the wind had spread the ashes all over the room.
Austin who was still coughing was confronted by Takahashi who was standing behind him once he turned around causing him to pretty much scream.
"Dad! Don't do that! I could've had a heartattack!"
Austin yelled at Takahashi who stood there staring at him
"Ah you're wondering about the smell of smoke,wait I'll go put this jug in kitchen first then I'll tell you.."
Austin smiled at went away leaving Takahashi there and going downstairs to place the water jug in refrigerator instead of wasting it, he did get a glass of water for his dad though considering he just came back from work probably tired too and then right when he was about to go back upstairs the door knob turned and the main door opened causing rei rei to immediately wake and run towards the door while wagging its tail.
"I'm home"
The glass shook in his hand before dropping midway on the stairs, the sound of shattered glass distracted not only the dog but also the person who came through the door.
"Austin?"
Takahashi came towards him in a rush "son? You okay?"
Without responding to him Austin ran upstairs with widened eyes and rushed towards his room.
"Oye Austin!?" Takahashi kept calling from behind since he couldn't go on walking on stairs full of shards of glass.
Austin turned open the door knob and there he was sitting on bed with head hung low
"Who are you?!" Austin shivered himself but tried to keep his voice balanced, there's no way the man sitting on his bed could be Takahashi considering he could still hear Takahashi's voice calling him from downstairs.
The man with Takahashi's face gave a smirk before falling forward to the ground and from under the bed approached an arm that dragged his body underneath by ankle in split seconds..
Austin rushed in to see even with his madly shivering body but when he leaned over from afar there was nothing under the bed.. Austin fell back crawling into a corner out of breath while hugging onto his knees.
"Dad! Daddy! Dad help me!" He yelled cupping his ears with both hands and crying which caused Takahashi to run over the glass shards in order to reach his son.
"Austin!" Takahashi barged into the room only to find his son holed up in the corner while covering his ears and keeping his eyes closed and shivering badly.
"What is it !" Takahashi placed both hands on his shoulders but Austin gave no response other than shivering.
"Oye open your eyes and look at me" Takahashi shook Austin making him slowly open his eyes "listen to me, I'll protect you no matter what!" Takahashi spoke that firmly before hugging Austin tightly.
However Austin's attention was much focussed on the closet behind Takahashi's back that quietly closed itself right in front of Austin's widened eyes.