Chapter Twelve

The woman who came rushing to the hospital yesterday happens to be Dazai's aunt. Well, Chuuya wasn't really shocked at all that not one of his relatives would come by to visit him. It was so rude of them if they didn't. Chuuya happens to see Atsushi be a first-year student. He thought that talking to him wasn't that bad since he likes Dazai as a friend.

Atsushi invited Chuuya to come to the rooftop and eat lunch together. They planned to visit Dazai right after the class. Chuuya heard some whispers from the students he was passing by. They were whispering to each other about Dazai's condition. Like how poor of him to be hospitalized. Or how stupid of him to get drunk, serves him right.He simply ignored it and ran to the flower shop to buy some flowers to deliver it to Dazai. He brought roses while Atsushi brought lavender. He put it on a vase that he made a few days ago. 

It hurts.. hurts seeing Dazai on a coma.

Why does it have to be him?

Why is it always him who always got hurts?

Where did he go wrong?

Ah yes, it's absolutely his fault.

The two teens arrived at the hospital a bit early. They were greeted by Dazai who was sleeping soundly on the white hospital bed. At least he was alive... at least he will live.

But they don't know for sure.

No, he won't die. He will live.

He can't leave him just like that.

Chuuya placed the vase to a table next to Dazai. He sighed as he pulled out a chair for him to a seat. Atsushi went out for a while to buy some food since Chuuya will spend the night today here, with Dazai. Chuuya's eyes fixed on him. He wanted to say sorry so badly.. Will he even hear him out?

For a moment, a soft knock came outside of the room."Come in," Chuuya said, getting rid out of his thoughts that Dazai might not wake up.Dazai's aunt appeared in the room holding loads of paper bags around her arms. Chuuya quickly rose up from his seat and rushed to the lady to help her. They placed the bag on a table. He gave a glass of water to her as she calms down.

"What brings you here today, Nakahara-san?" she asked sweetly as she settled the glass down.

"I wanted to spend the night here.." he said, turning away and looking at Dazai again.

"Oh boy, you must be really a good friend of Dazai. You really care about him a lot." the lady chuckled under her breath.

Chuuya went back to the chair next to Dazai and sighed, "I guess I am ms. Osamu. He's really um.. a nice friend. He always helped me whenever I was being bullied, took care of me when I was sick... It seems that I and Atsushi were the only ones he befriends with."

He stopped in his tracks. He didn't exactly approve of his request being his friend. He shook his head.

"S-Sorry ... I must've talked so much."

The lady smiled, "No, it's fine dear. I understand. Dazai isn't really into social gatherings especially school. He was always getting bullied." she walked up to Dazai. "He sometimes gets home with uncountable bruises around him."

"Why.. did he went to Yokohama? didn't he used to live on Nagoya before?" he asked her.

"Well, he said he wanted to finish his studies here. He used to study here before too before his parents took him to Nagoya." the lady said, patting Dazai on the head gently.

"Where are his parents?"

"Oh dear, they passed away five years ago."

Chuuya looked at the ground silently. His hands curled up into a ball. "I am sorry I'd have to ask you that. Such terrible things happened to him.. I didn't know. I'm sorry."

She patted him on the shoulder. "It's an alright lad. I'm actually happy he found someone he could trust... Please look after Dazai more often."

Chuuya nodded, "Yes, I will. Don't worry about it."

She left the room with a smile on her face. Chuuya now turned at Dazai. He held his cold hands tightly, making it warm at least.

"You idiot.," he whispered, tears forming on his eyes. "Who said I didn't love you? I-I'm so sorry Dazai... I'm sorry.."

"I love you"