Chapter Five

"Thank you... for everything."

Upon hearing those words, Dazai couldn't help but smile. He's been waiting for those words to come out from Chuuya's mouth. It was also music for his ears. His voice is so precious. So angelic to him.

Oh, how much did he wanted to hear his voice forever?

"That's what I've been trying hard to hear from you." Dazai said, ruffling his hair, making it messy. "you're welcome, Chuuya. anytime."

"Stop messing with my hair, you idiot! you're only making it worse, you know!" Chuuya whined as he tried to get rid of his hand from his head. "and you know how much I hated you for patting my head!"

"Oops, sorry?" Dazai gave him a goofy grin. "Anyway, I haven't caught your answer yet."

"My answer to what?"

"If you want to be friends with me?" Dazai asked, hoping that he wouldn't scold him for this again.

They fell into an awkward silence. Dazai tried to avoid eye contact with him because he might get angry at him again. After what it felt like an hour, Chuuya spoke up.

"I'll think about it.." was his only response. Dazai rolled his eyes. he's been trying his best to be friends with him, yet he still needs to think about it. So it means he needs more efforts to get that "yes"

"Okay then..." Dazai said, frowning a bit. "I'll wait for that day you'll say yes!"

Chuuya groaned. "Will you please shut up for a while?"

"Alright, alright."

"It's getting late. We probably should get back to our apartments." Chuuya called out, standing up as he threw the container of the ice cream.

"I will message you. Oh wait, probably I'll send you a text ya later once I got home so that either of us wouldn't get bored." Dazai said, pulling out his phone and tapping it.

"I wouldn't get bored." Chuuya was about to get going when a hand stops him in his tracks.

"Wait for me," he said as he tried to stand up.

The both of them walked down the dark empty streets. as soon as cold wind hit them, Dazai shivered so badly. Chuuya looked at him in curiosity. Is he cold? Is he afraid of the moon or something?

"You okay, Dazai?" he asked, nudging him in the shoulder. Dazai grabbed his wrist and began walking faster.

"Y-Yes I am fine, let's just walk faster, p-please." Dazai pleaded, his eyes filled with fears. Soon, Chuuya found his arms wrapped around Dazai's. He gasped and tried to push him away from him.

"W-What the hell Dazai! get away from me! what's your problem?!" Chuuya yelled as he tried to push him away.

"I-i'm scared C-Chuuya ..." Dazai shivered, eyeing everything on the road. They are the only ones who are walking on the road.

"Don't tell you're..." Dazai covered Chuuya's mouth, unable to finish his sentence.

'he's afraid of ghosts alright' chuuya thought.

"Let's just go home now!" Dazai demanded as they immediately run into the shadows.

---

Chuuya groaned, what's up with Dazai today? Who would have thought that a comedian boy like Dazai would be afraid of ghosts?

He laughed. Oh, he didn't expect that Dazai would be so terrified of such things that don't even exist? He could be in a corner of his room right now, probably crying like an idiot.

It's 7:12 PM when Chuuya's phone beeped loudly, making him jump. He opened his phone, revealing a message from Dazai.

"The poor boy can't sleep alone in his room, hahaha." Chuuya grinned as he tapped his phone to reply to him.

Messages between you and Dazai Osamu

7:13

Chuuya: what's up with you?

Dazai: I'm bored and lonely, chuuya. so I thought I'll message you, I bet you're bored too.

Chuuya: wrong dazai. I'm doing my homework. aren't you going to make yours?

Dazai: nope, I'm already done answering those.

Chuuya: whatever

7:18 PM

Chuuya: oi dazai, are you afraid of ghosts?

7:22 PM

Chuuya: oi, dazai

Chuuya: you answer me right now you suicidal maniac.

7:24 PM

Dazai: OH MAH GOSH CHUUYA! HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS A SUICIDAL MANIAC?

Chuuya: because you were carrying that "complete guide to suicide" around you

Dazai: you sure know me really well aren't you, chaya?

7:29 PM

Chuuya: in your dreams, Osamu!

Dazai: that hurts, Nakahara...

Chuuya: serves you right!

Chuuya: hey, you aren't answering my question a while ago

Dazai: ha? what question?

Chuuya: if you are afraid of ghosts!

Dazai: no I'm not! what makes you think I am?!

Chuuya: you were gripping my arm tightly while we're walking home!

Dazai: I'm just joking around ~

Chuuya: liar

8:00 PM

Dazai: welp, it's up to you if you believe me or not

Chuuya: whatever

Dazai: you did your homework?

Chuuya: yeah, it's a piece of cake. I'm off to bed.

Dazai: it's too early to sleep! let's talk about something!

Chuuya: no, I'm sleeping.

Dazai: hah, okay then good night, chuuya. sweet dreams!

8:40 PM

Chuuya: good night. dazai