Chapter 16- The Call

Zendaya's POV:

After a nice meal with my dad, he dropped me back at the hotel. I unlocked the door and headed straight for my luggage. I packed everything back up, and took out my laptop.

I booked a flight back to Chicago for tomorrow evening. It sure costs a lot but i just know I'm doing the right thing.

Then I pull out my phone and call my mom. I wait after 3 rings until she finally picked up.

"Hello?" her sweet voice rung through the phone. I smiled. "Hey mom" I said and I could hear her gasp. "Oh my goodness sweetheart how are you? I missed you so much!" my mother yelled through the phone and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm good. Well I'm in Toronto right now, but I can only stay for tonight so I was wondering if maybe I could come over and we could spend some time together?" I asked, and almost right after my mom replied. "YES! Are you kidding me, you don't even have to ask. Oh my god I'm going to go get the house ready" she exclaimed and I laughed again. I really did miss my mom.

"Haha alright mom, I'll be there in about 45 minutes, I'll call you when I'm almost there" I said, "bye sweety!" was all she said before she hung up. Well she was in rather a hurry, she must be really excited.

After that I closed my laptop and packed it up, then called for a taxi. The taxi driver said he would be here in 15 minutes.

I closed my eyes and sighed, this is enough time for me to make another call before I'm off to my mom's.

I sat at the edge of the bed and dailed the one number I never got tired of hearing from. Jonathan's.

After the first 2 rings he picks up. "Zendaya?" he asks sounding a little sleepy, then I check my watch and realized he would be still in his nap right now. "Hey, sorry for waking you" I said but that's all I could get out before Jon cut me off. "No it's okay, I was just getting up. So what's up?" he asked as I heard him yawn.

I took a deep breathe, this was it.

"I'm ready." was all I said. "For what?" Jon asked.

"To come back, to give us another shot. And possibly plan that wedding of ours. To come back home, to Chicago to the one man I love with all my heart. Jonathan these past few days have been hard, I missed you like crazy." I said and was about to say more when Jon cut me off yet again.

"I love you Zendaya. I'm just glad you're coming back. Of course the wedding's still going on, I want to officially make you mine. When do you come back?" he asked and I felt a tear fall from my face.

I wiped it away before answering him. "My flight leaves here tomorrow evening, so I'm guessing around 1 or 2 am tomorrow." I said and I heard Jon laugh. "You're coming back in rather a hurry." he said. "Yeah, unless you don't want me to, then I'll just stay here longer." I joked.

"NO! Babe I want you here, right now." he said. I laughed. "Haha I wish I could, but I'm staying with my mom for the night to catch up before I come back home. I'm going to tell her about the wedding. Oh and thank you for everything you've done. You fixed my relationship with my dad and I, and even managed to get me a restraining order."

"Anything for you my love. Well I've gotta get going, text me or call me later okay. I love you, bye!" he said, "I love you too, bye" I replied and hung up.

I threw my phone across the bed and laid down with a huge smile on my face.

My life was finally getting back together.