Permanent

Shawn came up with this wild idea to get a tattoo. I never really seen him as the kind to do something that outrageous, but he's been quite risky lately, but I'm sure he'll get something meaningful. I can only hope.

I also plan to get a tattoo, but Shawn doesn't know about it. It's a surprise. I'm dropping him off and going to run some 'errands'.

"I really wish you would stay. I need someone's hand to hold." Shawn pouts as we walk into the tattoo parlor.

"I know, but I have to take Hoosier to his monthly check up, and get his flea pill. I'm sure I'll be back before its don't with. Good luck." I grab his waist and leave a wet kiss on his cheek. Shawn pulls back with a disgusted face. I chuckle softly and leave a proper kiss on his lips.

"Bye, Love you." I push the door open making the jingle sound. I go back to my car but don't bother to crank it back up. A ten minute wait should be long enough. I'm sure this tattoo I'm getting is very risky. Shawn and I could break up, but I doubt it. Plus I want something that's meaningful to me. Shawn is.

I check the time and figure it's clear to go back in. The lobby was empty besides the man behind the desk. I walk up with a slight wave.

"What can I help you with today?" The man asks.

"I wanna get a tattoo." I say with confidence. He nods and motions me towards the back. We walk past a few closed doors, and some opened wth empty chairs. The man leads me into a empty room, "An artist will be with you soon." I nod and sit on the black leather chair.

There where a few pictures of tattoo designs. I already had my design in mind. I'm nervous now that the time has come.

The black door opens and a short women with a few tattoos come in. She gives me a warm smile, and sits in the rolling chair next to the tattoo chair.

"How are you? I'm Amber. We have a design book. There's a few designs on the wall, or do you want a orginal?" She gets straight to the point, slipping some rubber gloves on her hands.

"A original." Amber nods, and grabs a notebook and pencil, "Sketch please."

I grab the items and get to work trying my best to sketch out the perfect image I had in my head. It didn't come out as I imagined but hopefully it was enough to spark an idea in Ambers head.

I hand the notebook over, "I'm not the best artist." I blush softly as she examines the drawing.

"Who's Shawn?" She scans the paper with a questionable look.

My cheeks become an even deeper red, "My boyfriend." I get another questionable look from the artist in front of me.

"Oh, he's not forcing you to get this. Some crazy bitch. I've come across a few of those." Amber shakes her head and chuckles.

"No, no it's not one of those week flings. We've been together for two years. I'm sure about this. He's actually in one of the rooms getting a tattoo. He doesn't know I'm getting this." I explain. Amber makes a approving face while also getting a peroxide pad and rubbing it on my wrist, the place I wanted the tattoo.

I watch closely as she gets the outline of the tattoo ready. It was a small guitar. The strings of the guitar shaped to spell out Shawn's name. Right under the guitar was the date we got together.

7/4/14

Amber put the inked outline on my arm. Now comes the part I'm actually nervous about. The needle. I hate needles. Why did I even agree to this?

"You'd expect it to hurt getting a tattoo on your wrist, but really it doesn't hurt as bad as you people say. Now don't move." She places the needle near my wrist resting on the arm rest. I squint my eyes and look away as the buzzing sound begins. I feel a little prick at my wrist making my body jump lightly.

Each prick felt like an eternity. I kept on checking to see how far along she was. This really hurt, maybe I was exaggerating. I just hate needles. Shawn better love this thing.

"That's a wrap." The buzzing sound comes to a end. Amber wipes the remaining ink off my arm. I look down at my now inked wrist. The pain was worth it. I loved it. A small guitar going across my wrist.

Amber tells me how to take care of the tattoo until it fully healed. All the do's and don't's. She bandages it up and I thank her going back to the waiting room to pay for the tattoo.

"How'd it go?" The guy behind the desk asked as he handed me some change back from my dues.

"Great," I smiled. "Do you happen to know where the guy I first came in here with is at? I ask.

He nods, "Yea, I'll lead you back." I follow him once again into another room. Shawn looks up when the doors opens and gives me a slight smile. I thank the guy and he shuts the door.

The man giving his tattoo was already finishing up. I waited patiently as he did so until the tattoo was completely done. It was really good.  A guitar shape with the reflection of trees a lake I do believe. Shawn explained how the neck of the guitar was a recording of his partners saying 'I love you', and then the CN tower for Canada. So much meaning in one tattoo.

"Wait, why is your wrist bandaged?" Shawn stops me in my tracks as we walk back towards the car. Finally he noticed.

"Let's go to the car, and I'll show you." I give him a crooked smile. Shawn gasps, "You got a tattoo! Let me see."

I chuckle softly and unlock the cars door getting into the driver seat. Shawn gets in also. I slowly pull the tape off the bandage, and lift it up giving Shawn view of the ink.

He examines it closely, "Oh my god..." He grabs my wrist lightly looking at it even closer.

"Now I feel bad." Shawn pouts letting go of my wrist.

"Why?" I question.

"Because I got this big ass tattoo that I put meaningful things into, and I put nothing to represent our love." He gives me a sad look.

I lean over the center console and cup his face in my hands, "Baby, it doesn't matter. I know you love me, a tattoo proves nothing." I kiss his lips softly letting my lips hover over his for a second. Shawn pulls back with a smile, "Well, I can always get another tattoo."

"True." I agree.

-----

longest one shot in a while. it's 4:36am while I'm writing this and I'm listening to music on MTV. i need sleep, bye!!