Safe Haven

this kinda like the one 'What love is to you?' idk if it's a little different ...

-----

"I want all of you to write a prompt. The subject is your safe place, your haven. It can be a place, thing, or even person." Mr. Smith explains walking around the room hands folded together behind his back.

This gets me thinking. My safe place. Maybe my bed, or just home. That's to cliche, right? Mr. Smith is always looking for something different.

"Now, I want this done by tomorrow." Groans feel the room. "If you write from your heart it won't be hard. I promise you." Mr. Smith says his finals words about the assignment before the bell rings.

I look back into the classroom to see Taylor talking to the teacher. I wait by the door frame for him.

Taylor turns and his eyes land on me.

"Hey." He walks up swinging a arm over my shoulder. "What where y'all talking about?" I ask.

"I was asking him more about the prompt. What's your haven anyways?" He questions. I'm not really sure.

I shrug in response. "I don't wanna say something cliche like home or my bed."

"What about you?" I look over at him as we walk down the hall and out to the courtyard since it was our free period.

"You." He looks down at my with a smug smile, and it gives me an idea.

"I'll write about you!" I slap his chest out of excitement. Of course Taylor's my safe place. Your haven is a place where you go for comfort. To feel loved.

I feel that when I'm with Taylor.

"So, we write about each other?" Taylor raises an eyebrow as we take a seat on one of the benches, and I nod.

"I'm gonna start now." I say pulling paper and a pencil from my binder.

Just write from the heart, and it all comes easily. I jotted words down on the paper. All of it coming naturally.

Taylor eyed my closely, reading as I wrote. I'd finished two paragraphs out of three before the bell rung.

"I'll see you at lunch." Taylor stood from the bench I followed.

"Ok. Love you." I kiss him. "Love you too."

We part ways and I head to my ACE class. Which was just an extension to my reading class. It was more so a study hall since my teacher was so laid back, and let us do anything we chose.

Some days we did work though.

I sat in my assigned desk and looked back down at my paper getting ready to write.

The Next Day

I've never been more excited to turn in a writing prompt. It's something I really worked hard on, and I feel I did good.

I walked into third period. Mr. Smith was at his desk. I shuffled over and placed the prompt on his desk.

"Can you read it now? I'd like some feedback." I ask, hoping for a yes.

Mr. Smith nods and grabs the paper placing his glasses on to read. I watch as he does so, his eyes scanning the paper, but no expressions.

"Wow, Shawn. This is your best work. I guess you really wrote from the heart." He places the paper down and looked up at me.

"Taylor is my heart, so yea from the heart." I nod, and grab my paper walking back to my desk.

Other students file into the classroom. Taylor takes his seat beside me.

"This was easy. Did you finish?" He turns to me, and I nod. "I did finish. Wanna read?" I ask.

"Yes, and you'll read mine." We trade our papers and I look down to read Taylor's chicken scratch.

   A safe place is a place you feel ok. A place where you're safe and are happy. Everyone has a different meaning of a haven, but mine is my boyfriend, Shawn.
   When I'm with Shawn I'm at my happiest. There's always a smile on my face, and my heart just skips a beat. Whether it's just us talking, or cuddling together in silence. I'm secure and comfortable.
     He is my haven. Where I can go to seek happiness. Shawn's my safe haven, and I love him for being that place I can go to for happiness and security.

I smile at his words written on the paper. This is love.

-----

i never know how I come up with these ideas. just comes from no where, and when i really love the plot of the one shot I can write it in 10 - 15 minutes.