High School Reunion

I fixed my hair and straightened my outfit before pushing the doors open to the gymnasium. I looked around at all the familiar yet different faces.

No one seemed to change that much. I walked more into the gym taking in my surroundings. So many won basketball games in here.

I really wanna see one specific person, my high school love. We dated for six months, and then college came around and we agreed to break it off. Our conversations got shorter until we completely stopped talking.

"Taylor Caniff! Late as always" I look over and see my former best friend, Cameron. He was in a group of my other high school buds.

Gilinsky, Johnson, Matt, Aaron, Carter, and Shawn, the person I was looking forward to seeing the most.

"You know it" I comment walking up to him giving him a 'bro hug'. I go down the line giving each of them a 'bro hug'. Until I got to Shawn, it was a little different.

"Still looking perfect as always" I say quietly pulling away from the hug. "You don't look to bad yourself, Taylor" Shawn smiles.

I smile also and look back at the group. "So, what have you guys been up to?" I ask.

"I've been great. Guess what? Me and G are engaged!" Johnson states excitedly flashing a diamond ring in my face. I knew it!

"Dude, I knew y'all would end up together" I tell Gilinsky patting his shoulder. "Yea. I did too" G looks at Johnson in a loving manner.

"What about you, Taylor?" Cam asks.

"Well, I finished college, and now i pretty much own and invest in Sky Zone, pays really good, so I'm doing pretty great" I answer.

Everyone discussed there lives, and all their accomplishments I kinda zoned out after Matt telling us his whole life story.

"Ok Matt, it's my turn" Shawn voice spoke pulling me from my thoughts. "I got a job at the local hospital. I'm a nurse by the way, and I'm still the only single one like always" Shawn sighs at the end of his sentence.

"I'm also single" I raise my hand.

"I totally thought y'all two would stay together, what even happened between y'all? Did it end badly?" Aaron questions. I shake my head.

"No. We both agreed to part when we got in college. It didn't end badly at all, right?" I look at Shawn, he nods in agreement.

"Still though like y'all where in l-o-v-e!" Cam adds.

"So, where you and Nash, and now look y'all want even talk" I motion to Nash Grier. Now I honestly thought Nash and Cam would get married. They where high school sweet hearts.

Cam glares at me. "Don't you ever speak of that blue-eyed devil again"

I place my hands up in surrender. "I'm just glad I get to see y'all again. I missed everyone" Shawn says.

"Yea, we need to stay in touch. Let's trade numbers or something" Carter says. We all nod in agreement, and pull our phones out.

I give everyone my new number and get there's until I get to Shawn. I laughed lightly as the memory comes up of the first time I asked for his number.

"Yo, can I get them digits?" I ask, just as I did the first time. Shawn chuckles and shakes his head grabbing my phone from my hand.

I wanna reconnect with Shawn again. It'd be great to do so. Deep down I still have feelings for him, of course I would. He was my first true love.

"Can I talk to you, alone?" I ask Shawn.

"Yea, let's go into the halls" He agrees and we walk side by side out into the hall ways. It's quiet for a minute as we walk down memory lane or the hallways.

I just couldn't believe I was back. "Ive actually thought about you a lot these last few years. I always wondered what happened to you" I spoke.

"I thought you would have found a boyfriend by now" Shawn laughs softly. "I haven't found anyone who caught my eye, what about you?" I ask.

Shawn shrugs. "Not really"

"I'm surprised! You're definitely a eye catcher" I say. Shawn looks down and his cheeks turn pink, seems that hasn't changed.

"Are you flirting with me, Caniff?" He looks up. "Aren't I always"

"Yes, you are" he laughs.

It falls quiet between us again as we continued down the hallway. "No fucking way!" I exclaim as I come across my locker.

"I wonder if it has the same code?" I ask the rhetorical question. It's crazy I still remember my code after all the years.

The locker clicked right open after I put the code in. It was still the same chipped paint, and everything. There was nothing in it since it was summer, and no kids where here.

"Look Shawn, remember what we wrote. It's still here" I point to the small writing.

Shawn and Taylor = forever

Such a high school thing to write. "Forever? Uh" I question looking at Shawn.

"Yea..." He says looking at the writing.

So many things happened at the exact locker. This is where we all met everyday before lunch. Arguments, and new relationships bloomed here, specifically me and Shawn.

"Listen Shawn, I really have been thinking about you, and I just wanted to know if you would like to hang out again. You know catch up" I spoke looking back at him.

Shawn nodded. "Yea, I would love to"

I smiled softly and bit my lip in the process. Something I do when I'm nervous or excited.

At this moment I'm excited because I might get my high school love back. Just maybe.

----

I don't know about this.... it doesn't seem that good.