11

Hi !

I'm sorry that I've been taking so long to update, I've been prewriting a bunch and I've got 10 new chapters now, so you'll receive a bunch of updates soon.

But for now, here's this one.

---------------------------------------

Girl Meets Five Words

The words in Riley's head were persistent, pushing Riley to say what she had wanted to say for many months, like the current of a raging river, it was pushing her a way that was totally different from where she wanted to go. She wanted to go away from the words, in fear that it'd actually be way too soon to say them, considering so many important things had happened today.

Riley was practically drowning in that river in her mind, it pulling her down, words swiveling around her and pushing her to the right, when she wanted to go left.

After what seemed like years to Riley, and what was actually the approximate time of three minutes to Maya, Riley finally took a silent, yet deep breath and began to speak the words that were already bubbling up in her throat.

"Maya?" Riley asked softly.

"Yes, Riles?" Maya said.

"I really need to tell you something, but please just- please promise me you won't freak out of anything?" Riley said, procrastinating, even though she knew that she was pushing herself, leading herself up this set of stairs, which had a mystery response from the blonde sitting next to her, at the top.

Maya bit her lip, "G-go on." Maya said nervously.

The river had Riley right where it wanted her, finally finishing off its persistent necessity of the five little, yet oh so meaningful and life changing words that were about to slip past her lips.

"Maya," Riley started, voice and breathing slightly shaky.

"I'm in love with you."

Riley had her eyes closed tightly, hoping to god that those words were just a figment of her imagination, hoping that Maya didn't hear them at all, so that she wouldn't freak out.

As Riley's eyes were shut, Maya just sat there, in shock at first, but the shocked facial expression shortly changed into a smile, a very happy smile.

"I'm in love with you too, Riley."

The brunette suddenly felt a warm had touch hers, and her fingers being intertwined with another's. Small tingles suddenly shot throughout her hand, giving her a nice and comforting sensation, yet living her jittery at the same time. She then opened her eyes, seeing Maya's beautiful smile on her face, changing Riley's scared and anxious expression into a relieved, and joyful one.

"I love you so much, Maya. More than anything in this entire universe. You do and always have meant so much to me, from the minute I first met you. I felt this instant connection with you that I cannot even begin to describe. And when I first saw you- oh my god, I thought you were the most gorgeous girl in the entire world. I have never, ever seen someone with such captivating beauty in my entire life. I just- I love you so fucking much, Maya Hart."

Maya's cold and icy eyes now held tears; tears of happiness.

"Riley, that- that means so much to me. I fucking love you, with every single with of my heart. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!" May said, wrapping her arms around Riley's waist, pulling her closer, so that their faces were just inches apart.

"I love you." Maya whispered softly, leaning in slowly, just as she did earlier.

Just before their lips met one another again, three words left her lips.

"I love you too."