Hostage

The Ink Man was finally conscious again. He tried to look around. He saw nothing but darkness. What happened?

The last few events he recalled were him stumbling home. There was... a fire. Black smoke from the chimney. He carried an axe. What else...?
He had gone up stairs. Aaaaaand saw... What was it?

He shook his head trying to clear is mind. A small crack of light met his eye. Something was blocking his view. He shook some more. Suddenly bright white light shined in his face. He was incredibly blinded for a few moments. Eventually the flash wore off and he peered around. From what he could tell, there was a blinding light shining on his face. To his left was a shelf with tons of books full of blank pages. To his right, a window with a view over his land. He attempted to turn his head to the back but couldn't. It was literally impossible to move.

Slowly he looked down. Fully entangled around his body was an itchy rope. He tried to shimmy around a little bit to loosen the knots. Nothing worked.
The Ink Man began to shake violently trying to undo the binds holding him in the chair.

Then there was a small creak from the stairs. Ever so gently a pair of legs made their way into view. Next so elegantly came into view a pair of arms and a body. Finally a head.

The figure stopped and stood their, staring right at the Ink Man. After what felt like forever the figure slowly made their way towards him. He sat there, taking in the figure's details. Luscious strands of hair flew side-to-side with every stride. Their arms ever so slightly swayed with charm. Every footstep was so quiet, yet powerful. They stopped right in front of him.

In silence he observed some more details. This figure had features he had yet to see before... ever. There was a face. Gorgeous eyes glared at him. Every blink felt like it was fanning him. They had a nose that actually stuck from their face. A mouth with the most beautiful smile shined.

The Ink Man sat in awe, figuratively and literally speechless. He stared at the figure in wonder. Who were they? Where'd they come from? Was it even alive? Were they a threat? He didn't care, he wanted to know.

Out of nowhere the sweet smile turned into a frown. A hand smacked across his face.