Twelve

How about you?

"Well I could say that I'm doing just fabulous except for the fact you're suddenly hanging out with Rosaline!" Belle whispered to herself. She sat and thought for a minute. "Not everyone does... oh my God this isn't Blake's fault at all!" She picked up her phone and typed a message.

Rosaline said not everyone likes us together... do you think she could be setting us up against each other? I don't want to sound like a bitch but... I saw her and you earlier. I know it wasn't anything now. I know it was probably just some little chat that she had with you just like she had with me. I don't want us to end over someone who doesn't even like us all that much...

Belle sent the message hastily. "Now I have to get ready for this stupid dinner that I have no business being in when my girlfriend is going on a date with her best friend." She walked into her wardrobe and pulled out a black dress. "Maybe I can somehow get out of this. Like, do extra chores or something." "Nice try, Isabelle," her mother came into the room. "This is very important to your father, and unfortunately for the both of us he wants his coworkers to meet his darling little family." "Why are you in here?" Belle said, surprised at how her mother just barged into the room. She usually at least said when she was coming in. "You need to make sure you're getting ready and not texting Blake. Ray came by a few minutes ago to make sure you weren't just making something up to ditch them. Blake is getting ready to catch up with her best friend, and you need to accept that."

Belle looked at her mother with astonishment. "Did he tell you what happened?" "Of course he did. He wanted to make sure that you were okay and not a complete mess. Well, you're still a little bit of a mess," she added, looking at Belle's hair. "But that will be fixed in a little bit, hopefully. Now I'll be getting ready too, so don't take too long with my curler. I have more hair than you do."