Ten

Belle sat on her bed now, her hand wrapped around her phone as if it were a life line. It was now five o'clock on the dot, and still no text back. Belle looked out the window. Suddenly two forms were on the road. Belle got out of bed and looked out the window more closely.

There was Rosaline, her poofy hair evidence enough to know that it was her. The slight form hugging her was not able to be made out, but Belle could guess who it was. Her black boots almost blended into the atmosphere, but still there and able to be soon. "When did she start hanging out with Rosaline?" Belle said out loud, watching in horror. 'Did she already replace me?' she thought, her head hurting along with her chest. 

Belle glanced down at the phone in her hand. "Maybe I'm overreacting..." But Belle was already starting to feel tears run down her face, and she couldn't get them to stop. She buried her face into a pillow and screamed, wanting this pain to stop. She ran out of her bedroom and down the hall into the bathroom.

There she looked into the mirror. Her eyelids were already red and swollen, as if she had been crying for hours. "Maybe I have been," she muttered to herself, grabbing her eyeliner out of the drawer. "Act like everything's fine. Make a sweet smile. Make Daddy and Mumma proud."