Marco...

Marco stumbled backwards and hit his head on the wall. His vision was blurring for a second before it cleared up. But once it did, he didn't like what he saw. Angel jumped on him and tried to stab his throat.

"Marco! I should've known. You came back just to finish me off didn't you!? Well I'm not gonna let that happen. I'm gonna finish this once and for all!" she whispered/yelled.

"What!? Finish you? That's not it Angel, I came to say sorry!" Marco told her.

"Say sorry!? I don't believe you! If you came to say sorry then why do I smell chloroform!?" Angel asked. Marco had enough and flipped her on her back. She dropped the dagger and her arms fell to her side. She felt something pressed to her face and she tried not to breathe it in. That is until she smelled something sweet instead. She opened her eyes and saw flowers in her face. She looked up and Marco had his eyes covered by his hair.

"I wanted to say sorry for getting you hurt. If I wasn't so weak, we wouldn't have had to fight. And we didn't fight, you wouldn't have gotten hurt. I feel so bad about it, I had to show how sorry I am. So here you go." Marco clentched his fist as he gave Angel the flowers. However, what he heard out of her was a fusion between a sniffle and...laughter?

"Y-you I-I-idiot!" she cried out as she hugged him. He was surprised at this but smiled as he hugged her back and squeezed. Then he heard something he never thought he would hear from Angel.

A moan. From hugging her back. Where her wings would sprout from. You got the idea.

Marco and Angel's eyes opened wide as he stopped squeezing her. He kept his arms in place as he parted from her. They stared at each other before Marco squeezed again and made her moan. She blushed wildly as she was about to yell. He covered her mouth before she yelled. However, they heard footsteps come closer and closer. So Marco picked Angel up and put her in bed. He melted into the shadow of the wall as the nurse came in. The nurse had Angel do a checkup and exited in a couple of minutes. When she left Marco reappeared but couldn't make eye contact with Angel as one of the thing the nurse had Angel do was lift her shirt to check her pulse and well, you can imagine how embarssing it was for Angel and Marco.

"Soooo uh, well...ihopeyoufeelbetterbye!" Marco hurriedly said as he created a portal.

"Wait Marco!" She called out. He froze and turned around. She beckoned him closer and hugged him again. "Thank you for the flowers." she whispered, making him shudder a little. He hugged her back.

"It was nothing Angel. Get better soon ok? We're gonna miss you at school." he told her. She nodded at him and smiled, causing him to smile back before jumping into the portal. But when he left, Angel let out a sigh. She covered her hands with her face and sighed again.

"Why him? Why did it have to be him?" Angel asked as she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

At the Diaz Residence...

Marco softly landed on his bed not to wake up Star. He put his head in a portal to Star's room and saw that she and PH were cuddled up and asleep. He smiled and pulled his head back out. He layed in bed, thinking about what happened recently and slept on it. But he wasn't just going to sleep, he was going to train. He would train for as long as he needed to so he could protect the people he cares about. And he didn't care what it cost him.