Chapter 12

A/N: hey y'all, sorry it took so long to update. I finished this while I was away at camp. It's a bit of a short filler chapter but it's gonna get very interesting next chapter, I promise.

Ceilings are interesting when you're trying to avoid talking to people.

I'd skipped dinner, and while Percy understood I needed some time and space, Jake did not. He didn't seem to understand why I was so unhappy about being left behind. I understood his reasoning logically, but emotionally it seemed unfair. He was my best friend and he chose to take my brother instead.

I sighed, once again following the lines and cracks along the ceiling with my eyes as Jake tried to apologize again. Eventually he realized he was getting no where and left me in peace. I rolled onto my side, listening to the faint singing of the campers at the distant campfire. I knew soon Chiron would be announcing the quest and Jake would say who he was bringing on the quest. It had been decided that Jake, Percy and one other would be leaving tomorrow, so I knew the goodbyes would begin tonight. As much as I wanted to stay mad at Jake, I knew I had to say goodbye.

The noise outside began to die down, meaning the sing-along was over and Chiron would be making announcements. I could imagine Chiron announcing the quest and the exclamations of the members of the seven who were at camp about Percy going. He had been focusing on education and hadn't been on a quest in a while. This would be interesting.

I could hear footsteps outside the cabin. The campers had probably disbanded for bed, meaning I could expect Jake and Percy to appear soon.

And they did.

The door opened and I heard three sets of footsteps. Three? I sat up in my bed and looked towards the door. There stood Percy, Jake and Terran.

"Ohhhh no. Please tell me you're not their third," I said, giving Terran with a pleading look.

"Sorry, Mira," he said, smiling sympathetically. I gave him an exasperated groan and turned away, crossing my arms.

"Aw c'mon, Mira, don't be like that," I heard Percy say as warm arms wrapped around me. "We'll be back soon, I promise." I couldn't help let a small smile slip out as all three boys hugged me from behind.

"Okay, okay," I mumbled, squirming away and trying to act mad as I concealed my smile, failing miserably. All three boys pulled me back into the group hug, chuckling. "Still mad at y'all for leaving me," I mumbled.

"We'll be fine. I'm a professional quest-master," Percy grinned, flexing his biceps and causing us all to crack up.

"Whatever," Jake and I joked in synchronization. Percy rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out, pulling us all closer.

"You're lucky I love you guys," he joked back.

"Love you too, Perce," I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to sea green eyes above me. I had made Percy promise to wake me up so I could see my three favorite boys off. Yes, I was willing to lose a few hours of my oh-so-precious sleep to see them before they left. I gave each of the boys a huge hug, possibly clinging to Jake a second longer than was necessary, before walking them to the border and waving them off. I watched them climb into the van and pull away before heading back to my cabin, sighing softly.

I closed the cabin door softly behind me and flopped on my bed. I stared up at the ceiling for a second before becoming restless and sitting up. I moved to Percy's bed and collapsed onto that instead. I curled up on his warm blankets and buried my face in his pillow. Still smelled like the ocean.

I felt something hard pressing into my side and removed my face from the pillow, looking over to see a small brown package, my name written clearly on it in Percy's slightly messy handwriting. I picked up the paper bag, fingering the edge of the paper before opening it. Inside was a blue and green beaded bracelet. In the center was three slightly larger beads. The one furthest to the left was green with a silver T on it, the center was a aquamarine with a silver P and the farthest to the right was light blue with a silver J. I smiled as I slipped the bracelet on, muttering a soft thanks even though I knew they couldn't hear me.

I buried my face back in Percy's pillow as I twisted the three special beads on the bracelet, eventually falling into a peaceful sleep.