Chapter 29: Pretty Boy

Joey's POV:

I look at her and her eyes are closed, and I can faintly hear her breathing. I rest her head on one of the pillows, careful not to wake her. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen to make some breakfast. Just as I'm pulling the eggs out of the fridge I hear the faint sound of the lock on the door being picked. I freeze and slowly close the fridge. I tip-toe over to the counter and grab the biggest knife I see. I grip the handle of the weapon as I slowly back into the corner. I feel as if I'm in a dream as the door begins to open. I raise the knife. The blade glistens in the faint morning light. The door opens all the way and a figure walks in. Dark skin. A flat, pudgy face; ears that stick out straight from his head. Muscles as big around as one of my thighs. And the height. The guy must be at least 6'2.

At first he doesn't notice me in the dark corner, he looks around from the door. Then his eyes land on my face.

Before I have time to react he lunges at me, gripping the neck of my shirt. He pulls me forward with immense force. He lifts me in the air my my shirt.

"So where is she?" He shouts in my face.

"Who?" I say, trying to keep the fear out of my voice.

"I don't play games, pretty boy. Now tell me where Bethany is!" He shouts.

"I don't know who you're talking about!" I say. I can feel my voice trembling from the tears i know I won't be able to keep back.

"Aww, is pretty boy gonna cry?" He says in mocking tone.

"Who the hell are you?!" I shout in his face.

"I'm Carlos. I believe Bethany told you about me?" He says.

"Yeah, she did! And you don't deserve to be alive after treating her like that!" I shout.

He grins. "So you do know her?"

Crap. Know he knows she's here.

"WHERE IS SHE?" He shouts.

"I would rather die than tell you." I say. I spit in his face for good measure.

"You would rather die, huh?" He says. My stomach leaps when I see him pull a pocket knife from his jacket. "I think we can arrange that."

Hope you like it! Thanks for reading!

Instagram: joey_g_fanpage_anya