Chapter 19: Not Coming Back

Bethany 'a POV:

It's been a month since the incident. A month that Joey's been in the coma. Everyday I come to the hospital. Everyday I beg him to wake up. Everybody has long since stop coming. Everybody is convinced he's gone. Trapped in sleep. I refuse to accept it, though. I just want to see his green eyes again. I'm at the hospital now. The hours drag on and I don't take my gaze off of Joey's face. I've decided that I'm not going to come as often anymore. It makes me too depressed. I can't cry anymore, though. I stopped crying weeks ago. Now everything is just numb. I also lost a lot of weight. I only remember to eat when Ingrid calls to check up on me. Joey's lost a lot of weight, too. Every day I check and it gets worse every day. Now you can see his long-since healed ribs. His head is healed, also. I look over at the clock and it's 9:30. I have to go. Visiting time is over. I look over at Joey with the sadness piling on top of me.

"Joey, I won't be back tomorrow. I'm sorry. It's just too painful for me. I did keep my promise, though. My wrists are cut free. But I'm not coming back. The doctors said that if you don't wake up in the next month they are going to put you in a nursing home. You don't belong there! You belong out in the world, living your life. I'm so sorry Joey. I'll love you until the end of time." I say through my tears. This is the first time I've cried in weeks. I didn't know I still could.

Thanks for reading!

Instagram: joey_g_fanpage_anya