Girl Meets Birth Part Two

"Is there a baby yet?"

My head snapped towards the door.

"Mommy!" I cried

"Hi baby girl. I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you throughout your pregnancy."  She said running to me and kissing my head.

"Mommy, I'm tired, I can't do this." I said balling my eyes out. I looked down a my stomach.

"Maya, look at me. Five more minutes of pain,
for a lifetime of happiness." She said.

Another contraction hit me and this time I really pushed and pushed and pushed.

"Alright Maya  we can see a head! You're almost there." The doctor said. I breathed in and out and smiled at my mom. Even though she didn't take my pregnancy well I wouldn't want anyone else to be here with me.

"You're doing it baby girl. Just keep pushing shes almost here." My mom says.

I pushed.

"Alright Maya I can see the shoulders now push them out."

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." I screamed and pushed

"Mommy, I can't do it. I just can't push anymore." I cried

"Maya. Shes almost here. Three more big pushes and shes out. You can do it. I'm right here."

One push.

Breathe.

Second Push.

Breathe.

Third Push.

"Waaaaaaaahhhhhh."

Baby cries filled the room. I slammed my head back on the pillow and cried. Oh my god, I did it.

"Its A Girl." The doctor smiled. "Do you want to cut the cord, dad?"

Lucas kissed my hand and went to cut the cord. As he did that my mom came over to me. I looked up and smiled at her. She placed my my fly aways behind my ear and touched her nose to mine. Looking into my moms eyes I just broke down.

"Thank you Mommy." I cried.

"Maya, I'm sorry. I love you."

"I love you too."

"And here is your beautiful baby girl." The nurse said as she handed me my daughter. Lucas came to my side as the nurse placed her in my arms.

"Shes so beautiful." Lucas said as he looked over my shoulder and grabbed her tiny hand. I looked up at him and kissed him.

"Maya, I am so proud of you."

"Peaches she is absolutely gorgeous." Riley said coming to her eyes. "She looks just like her mama."

"Oh my goodness Maya. Shes an angel." My mom said with tears welling in her eyes. "Riley why don't we let them have a moment alone and we can tell everyone about this angel." My mom said as they left.

"She's perfect." I smiled grabbing her hand. Shes so tiny. Her little body in my arms is so fragile.

"She looks just like you." Lucas said climbing into the bed with me and wrapped his arms around me. 

"But with your nose." I said poking her little nose.

"Thank you for sticking by me throughout this." I said looking at Lucas

"Thank you for giving me the two most beautiful girls that I am lucky enough to love." I smiled at him.

"Hi baby, I'm your mommy. I'm going to love you and take care of you until the day I die. And were gonna team up on your daddy to get whatever we want." I said kissing her forehead.

"And I'm your daddy, I'm going to love you and protect you from this crazy world we live in. And protect you from boys." Lucas said. I giggled.

Knock, Knock

"Hey, are you guys up for visitors?" Topanga said peeking her head in the door.

"Come in." I said smiling.

Topanga, Cory, Shawn, Riley, Farkle, Zay and Katy and. Lucas' mom all entered my room.

"Oh my god Maya she is beautiful. She looks just like you." Topanga said reaching to rub her head.

"She is just precious isnt she?" My mom said and everyone responds in agreement.

"You did so good." My dad said coming and kissing the top of my head.

"Well, I had a little help." I winked at my mom and she winked back.

"I love her already." Riley said smiling down at her.

"Me too." Lucas and I said at the same time.

"Well, how do you guys feel? Like emotionally?" Cory asked

"Its weird. At first well I was in labor I was nervous about being a mom but now that shes here and shes in my arms I feel ready. Like I know that I'm going to be a good mom." I said smiling at Lucas

"Well I'm terrified." Lucas joked. Everyone laughed. "No but seriously, I can only do my best and what I think is right for her."

"Thats the attitude of a true father." Cory said and I smiled.

Of course everyone wanted to hold the baby and me being a nervous mother I was horrified to let them hold her. First, we took pictures of me, Lucas and our daughter. Then I passed her to Lucas and we passed her to Riley and down the line. Everyone looked in awe of her. Its beyond unreal to me that she's here. I'm a mom.

"Well if no one else is going to ask I'm going to. Whats this beauties name?" Zay asked as he handed her back to me.

"Well actually we decided on a name a couple weeks ago." I said

"Everybody meet...."