Girl Meets Kick

20 weeks pregnant

Today I am officially half way through my pregnancy. Its kind weird to think that in 20 weeks I'm going to be a mom to a beautiful baby girl. Right now I'm at school and I walked in to see all of my friends decorated my locker with pink streamers.

I walked to Mr.Matthews class and took my seat in front of Lucas.  I sat down and he rubbed my shoulders. A few minutes later Mr.Matthews walked in and started our lesson. He grabbed a piece of chalk and wrote 'Movement' on the board. Oh great here comes another Cory Matthews lesson that will somehow make me question all my decisions or something important will happen in our lives.

"Movement. Why is movement important in history?" Mr.Matthews asked.

"Movement is important because it changes our country in a positive or negative way." Farkle stated.

"Exactly. All movement happens for a reason." Mr.Matthews said and continued saying more things about movement but I zoned out. All of the sudden I felt something in my stomach. It kind of hurt but ended after a second, and then it happened again and again. I got uncomfortable. I started to squirm in my chair to find a comfortable position but that small pain continued to happen. I placed my hand on my stomach. I felt something hit my hand. A kick. The baby just kicked. I kept my hand on my stomach and smiled.

"Lucas come here!" I shouted looking back at him. Everyone stared at me because Mr.Matthews was in the middle of the lesson when I shouted. Lucas was confused but stood up and walked next to me. Everyones eyes were on us.

"Is everything okay?" He whispered looking down at me. I motioned for him to kneel down and he did.

"Maya whats going on?" He said confused.

"Shh. Just give me your hand." I said and I grabbed his hand. I placed his hand on my stomach where I felt the baby kicking. As reality hit him he has a smile spread across his face.

"Shes kicking!" He said smiling at me. I smiled and giggled.

"Yeah. Shes really kicking." I said smiling at Lucas and then at my bump. Lucas placed his other hand on my stomach on the other side. Everyone was silent except for Lucas and I.

Lucas was smiling and laughing looking at my bump as the baby kicked again. He looked up at me with a huge smile on his face. He stood up and bent over and kissed me. As we pulled apart we heard a chorus of 'awes' from our classmates. He looked pack down and my stomach.

"Movement."

The bell rang and everyone left class Lucas grabbed my hand and we walked into the hallways getting ready to go our next class. I was so happy right now. I mean I just first the baby kick and to see Lucas' face when he felt made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

"Slut." I heard someone say. I turned my head to see John. John is supposed to have graduated already but he was held back a year. He is all the girls crush, well besides Lucas, and all the guys want to be his friend. I rolled my eyes and shrugged it off. I hear these comments all the time, its no big deal. I started to walk away.

"Hey whatd you just say?" I heard Lucas shout. Oh no. This cant be happening.

"Lucas stop!" I screamed, but he didnt. He grabbed John collar of his shirt and slammed against the locker.

"Isn't that what you should have been saying when you were having sex?" He laughed and the crowd that surrounded the fight laughed too. I knew most people did call me a slut but I never had this many people laugh at me before. It hurt.

"Look I dont care who you are or how popular if you ever call Maya a slut again, I will end you." Lucas said through gritted teeth. John just laughed.

"Well guess what Lucas. She is a slut." He said again.

"Yeah, she is!"

"Yeah"

"Totally!"

"I bet her baby is gonna be a slut too."

Tears. Tears were pouring out of my eyes. I couldnt take it anymore. I felt two go on my shoulders to comfort me. I didnt even look to see who it was but I ran out of the school. And all I heard behind me was yelling and the sound of someone being punched.