Girl Meets Christmas Part 2

"Mom." I said in shock. When everyone heard me they all got silence.

"Hello Maya." She responded holding a gift in her hand.

"What are you doing here?" I asked through gritted teeth. She was the last person on the planet I wanted to see.

"Maya I can explain-"

"Explain what? That you abandon me? That you sent me to survive on my own? That you dont love me anymore? Or that you knew I had a great connection with my dad and still told me that he left us when in reality you never even told him about me." I shouted through my tears. I felt an arm hang over my shoulders. I looked up to see Lucas.

"Maya I can explain all of that!" She fought me.

"You know what. Maybe you shouldn't. Maybe WE are better of with out you." I said emphasizing the 'we' as I placed my hand on my stomach. "Just because you explain everything that happened doesn't mean your sorry."

"Maya thats why I'm here. I want to clear the air between us. I'm sorry Maya. I should have never abandoned you. I feel awful and I am so sorry-"

"Sorry is going to cut it. Do you understand how hard that was for me. That my mother was disappointed in me." I said with tears pouring out of my eyes. I tucked my head into Lucas chest and cried. I felt him stroke my hair.

"Mrs.Hart I think you should go." I heard Lucas say.

"Maya is that what you want?" My mom asked with pleading eyes. I wanted to make up with my mom, but she has made this past couple months miserable.

"Yea. Thats what I want." I said sniffling. I could tell my mom was hurt.

She sighed. "Okay. If that what you want. I bought you this. I saw it in the store and it made me think of you." She said handing me the gift. I took it out of her hands.

"Thank you." I said with no emotion. She frowned.

"Maya. If you ever wanna talk. You have my number." She said walking away. I broke down in tears once again as I walked back in the apartment and shut the door. Lucas pulled me into a tight hug as I sobbed into my shirt.

When I looked up I saw everyone in shock giving me a sympathetic look. Dad walked over and hugged me so tight I could barely breathe. We pulled apart as I wiped my tears.

"Okay lets get this Christmas started!" I said turning on the Christmas music. Everyone seemed confused but since I was smiling they all went back to what they were doing.

On the outside I was smiling but on the inside I was drowning in my own tears. I wouldn't let anyone see my true emotions because I don't want to ruin Christmas for anyone. So I just smiled and danced with everyone else.

I slowly slipped away from the rest of group and went into my room. I grabbed the gift from my mom and opened it. As I peeled the wrapping back I saw a scrapbook, It wasn't just any scrapbook it, it was one of those scrapbooks for babys and the mothers can put everything that happens in their childs life in them.

"I was thinking about getting one of those for you." I heard a voice say and when I looked up I saw Riley.

"Its from my mom." I said touching the cover of it. She walked over and sat next to me.

"Maya maybe you should talk to her. Hear her side of the story." Riley suggested

"I know Riles. I'm going to talk to her just I might need some time. Its not easy." I said looking at Riley

"I know. But hey. If you want I could come with you." Riley said

"As much as I love you Riles, I think this is something I have to do by myself."

"Okay.. Maya, even if things dont work out the way you hope with your mom, dont forget that you have tons of people who love and support you."

"Thanks Riles." I said hugging her. "Oh why dont you open your gift since were just sitting here." I said grabbing the three boxes I wrapped.

"I thought you would never ask!" She said ripping the wrapping paper off the first box. The first gift I got her was a heart necklace with the word 'forever' engraved on it. The second gift was a photo collage/painting I made with pictures of us on it. And the third gift was a t-shirt that said "Worlds Greatest Aunt" on it. After she finished opening her gift she handed me my three boxes. I tore the paper off.

Riley got me a bracelet with and R and M engraved in it, A bunch of paint and canvases, and a gift certificate to buy new clothes.

"Thank Riles. I love it!" I said

"Thanks for mine! The painting is amazing!" She said hugging me.

"Hey so to interrupt but-" Lucas started

"Mr.Matthews said all the food is ready and to come eat." Farkle said. Riley and I stood up and exited my room. I walked over to Lucas and grabbed his hand.

As I sat down at the table I looked around to see all the people that love me and support me. So maybe today started on a rough note but at the end these are the only people I need.