Girl Meets Court

Saturday

Today is Lucas' court day. Topanga has graciously decided she would be Lucas' lawyer and knows we will get the truth out of Brooke. I have a mid-length tight dress on the shows off my baby bump with my hair straight. Lucas walked out with a black suit on. My dad also has on a suit. I can tell Lucas is nervous. He's 18 years old and has a child on the way and possibly another child who he is just finding out about. He is sitting on the edge of the couch with his head in his hands. I walk over and stand next to him. My bump is right next to his head. I started to rub his back to comfort him. He looks up and see my bump. He places his big hand on it and kisses it. He rubs it in up and down strokes.

"Is it okay to nervous?" Lucas asks me. I sat down on his lap. His hand never leaves my bump. He looks down and I rise his chin with my fingers.

"I would be concerned if you werent nervous. Lucas, you're 18. Most 18 yearold dont have to go to court to fight with their ex-girlfriend to prove you're not the father of her baby. But no matter what happens, were gonna be here for you." I said placing my hand on top of his hand on my bump. He looks up to me and kisses me.

"Alright. The Matthews and Farkle are waiting downstairs." My dad said walking into the room. I pulled away from Lucas and stood up. My dad has been really supportive through this entire thing. He believes Lucas 100%.  I grabbed Lucas hand and led him to the Matthews car.

When Lucas and I got into the car it was silent. Lucas and Topanga went over what was going to happen. I started to get nervous. I hate to see Lucas this stressed. He doesnt deserve any of this.

We pulled up to the courthouse and piled out of the car. When we walked into our room I saw Brooke. She had dark hair and blue eyes. Lucas and Topanaga sat at the table next to the one of Brooke and her lawyer. I sat behind Lucas and next to Riley. As the judge walks in everyone rises. Once the judge hits the gavel we all sit down. He explains the details of the case and then Brooke lawyer questions Lucas.

"Mr.Friar is it true that you slept with my client?"

"Yes" Lucas responded

"Is it true that you knew Brooke was pregnant with your child?"

"No. I didnt not know that Brooke supposedly had my child until earlier this week."

"Thats all for now Mr.Friar." Lucas got down and walked back to his seat. Topanga stood up.

"I call Brooke Fields to the stand." Topanga said and Brooke stood up.

"Ms.Fields I have heard from an anonymous source that Lucas Friar is not the father and  Joe Williams is the father. Is this true?"

"No that is false. Lucas is the father."

"Oh okay. So then you wouldnt mind if I hooked his lie detector device to you?"

Brooke looked nervous, "I wouldnt mind at all."

Topanaga hooked the device. A screen was displayed so everyone in the courtroom could see if what Brooke says is the truth or a lie.

"Is Brooke Renee Fields your full name?"

"Yes." Truth popped up on the screen

"Did you go to school with Lucas Friar?"

"Yes" Truth popped on the screen.

"Did you have sex with Lucas?"

"Yes" The screen said truth.

"Is Lucas the father of your baby?"

"Yes" Truth popped up on the screen. I felt sick. This cant be happening. I looked at Brooke's face and she looked surprised. Riley stood up and walked by her mother.

"You look surprised." Topanga said to Brooke. Brooke gulped.

Topanga removed the lie detector device from brooke and placed it on Riley. Once it was connected Riley began to speak.

"I am Maya Hart." Truth appeared on the screen

"I am the Easter bunny." Truth came up.

"As you can see. I have set this lie detector to say truth after every question or statement. I also took a picture of Ms.Fields when she confirmed that Lucas Friar is the father of her child." Topanga said and the picture of Brooke's face was on the screen.

"Ms.Fields. You have two choices. I can either correctly apply the lie detector device to you or you can confess tha Lucas is not the father." Topanga said in a stern voice.

"Lucas Friar is not the father." Brooke says and I burst into tears. I am so happy.

"Lucas' father paid me to claim he is the father so he would leave his current girlfriend." Brooke said.

"Case adjourned." The judge said smacking the gavel down. I stood up and ran to Lucas. I kissed him passionately. As I pulled away I saw him smile in relief. My friends gathered around and we went into a group hug. When we pulled apart I grabbed Lucas arm and followed him as he walked over to Brooke.

"Brooke, tell my dad I said I to stay away from my family." Lucas said annoyed and we left the courthouse. I was happy.