Girl Meets Crash Pt 3

"Hes flatlining."

The words keeps replaying in my head. I sat outside of Lucas' hospital room sobbing my eyes out. Many people stared at me but I didnt care. Some strangers and doctors came and tried to comfort me, but it was no help. The doctors have been in Lucas room trying to save him for almost an hour. My dad, Lucas mom and Riley left to get use some food as Farkle sits with me. I cried into his shoulder and I could feel the tears falling from his face into my hair. Both of sat next to each other not saying a word. What was there to say? I wanted to speak but couldn't find the words. I started to think about what my life without Lucas could be like. I didn't have a father in my life. I wouldn't wish that on my baby girl. She deserves to have a dad who protects her and. loves her and is always by her side. My thoughts were interrupted when my dad, Lucas mom and Riley returned with the food. The sat next to Farkle and I and handed us crappy hospital hamburgers. I didn't even bother unwrapping mine. The last thing I need to do is eat. I stare at Lucas room door and pray that a doctor will come out and tell me I can go in a see Lucas who is sitting in his bed smiling and watching the football game.

"Maya you need to eat." My dad said sternly. I didn't answer. I didn't even look away from the door.

"Maya. You haven't eaten all day and the baby needs food." My dad said. I sighed and unwrapped the burger and took a bit. It was cold and disgusting but if the baby is still alive the baby needs food. God the baby I have been so worked up with Lucas I totally forgot that they still haven't run any test on her and I haven't felt her move.

I finished the burger and still no one had told us what was going on with Lucas. I began to get even more nervous. I shut my eyes and began to think of all the happy times I had with Lucas. I smiled thinking of when we first met, the car wash project, the mayaville rampage, and many other things.

"You've got a fighter in there." My eyes snapped open to see a doctor holding a clipboard.

"Is he okay?" I asked frantically

"He is perfectly okay. We were able to bring him back because that young man has alot of fight in him. He brought himself back and we just helped out a little bit. He is awake if you want to go in and see him." The doctor said as I let out a huge breath. He's okay. He's fine. My dad wheeled me into the room and pushed me next to Lucas' bed.

"Hi pretty girl." He said weakly

"Hi." I said with happy tears flowing out of my eyes. He patted the spot on bed next to him and my dad helped me onto it. I laid next to him with his arm around me as I snuggled into his chest.

"You really scared me." I said

"I know. I promise I'll never do it again." He said and kissed the top of my head.

"So what'd the doctor say?" Lucas asked me

"Nothing too serious, a couple of cuts and bruises and a broken leg."

"And the baby?" He asked

I started to tear up, "We dont know. I was waiting for you to wake up before they run the tests." I said wiping my eyes

"Shhh" Lucas said soothingly into my ear. Lucas hit his nurses button and a nurse came rushing into the room.

"Is everything alright Mr.Friar?" She asked

"Um I was wondering if we could have Dr.Sioux come in here and run whatever test she needed to do on Maya and our baby?"

"Okay I'll page Dr.Sioux right now." She said leaving. Minutes later Dr.Sioux walked in.

She set up all of her equipment next to the bed where I was laying and began to get everything ready. I pulled the covers over my legs and rolled up my gown to reveal my stomach. It was so big and round.

"Now you understand there are no guarentees in this but as long as we can locate a heart beat there should be no reason why this baby wont grow up healthy." She said pacing the gel on my stomach. She waved the wand all around my stomach and landed at a small spot on bottom of it. As she waved the wand around I heard nothing and almost broke down in tears.

She moved the wand slightly up a little and...

Thun Thun Thun Thun.

I began to ball my eyes out. I looked up at Lucas and he gave me a passionate kiss. As we pulled apart I snuggled back into his chest as he wiped the gel off my stomach for me. He then placed his hand on it and smiled at me.