Girl Meets Call Pt 2

I saw Lucas hang up the call and walk back towards the classroom angrily. I stepped out and stopped him. I had my arms crossed.

"Whose Brooke?" I asked confused with a hint of hurt in my voice.

"Maya, I didnt know you heard that." He said frightened.

"Whose Brooke?" I asked a again, a little slower this time.

"Brooke is my ex-girlfriend from Texas." He said and I got nervous.

"What does she want?" I asked irritated.

"She just called to tell me that shes filing a law suit against me." He said mumbling the last part so I didn't understand.

"What?" I asked

"Shes filing a law suit against me." He said biting his lip. My jaw dropped. Lucas looks like he is about to cry.

"Lucas, what kind of law suit could she possibly be filing against you? I know you werent the nicest person in Texas but what could you have done?" I asked hoping this is a nightmare or a joke.

"Gotten her pregnant." He said. I was pissed. He did not really just say that. Please tell me he's kidding. I couldnt even look at him right now. Tears welled in my eyes. I turned to walk back into the classroom. I heard him call my name but I ignored him and walked into the room. As soon as I walked in Riley came and hugged me. I cried into her shirt. I knew the entire class was staring at me but I didnt care. I pulled away from Riley and walked over to Zay.

"What do you know about this Brooke situation?" I said slamming my hands down on his desk.

"What do you mean the Brooke situation?" He asked. I rolled me eyes.

"Dont act like you dont know." I said

"Maya just let it go. I'm going to handle it." Lucas said walking in.

"No Lucas, I'm not just going to let it go. I just need to know if its true." I said turning towards him. Everyone was silent but Lucas and I. Mr.Matthews was just allowing us to argue.

"Lucas? Is it true?" I said tears forming in my eyes once again.

"I dont know Maya! It might be!" As Lucas said those words. I broke down in tears.

"So is that what you do? You knock girls up and then tell them you're going to stick around and then you leave?" I asked crying.

"Maya thats not true! I didnt even know Brooke was pregnant! I only slept with her once and then I moved two months after." He said explaining the story to me.

"Brooke was pregnant.... with Joe's baby." Zay said. My head snapped towards him.

"Then why would she claim that Lucas is the father?" I asked. Zay shrugged his shoulders telling me he doesn't know.

Lucas phone rang again. He sighed and answered it.

"What?" He said irritated into the phone.

"Whatever." He said a few moments later and hung up.

"What now? It was twins?" I asked sassily.

"She's flying to New York. She already set us up a court date this weekend." He said.

"Mr.Matthews would your wife please be my lawyer?" Lucas pleaded to Mr.Matthews.

"I'll discuss it with her." He said and the bell rang. I walked out of the class right away. I didnt wait for Lucas.

I walked to my locker and Zay walked up.

"Maya. There is a 2% chance that Lucas is the father. You need to trust me, he loves you and he loves that baby in your belly and he is going to fight to prove that he is not the father." Zay said.

"Thanks Zay. If you dont mind would you be a witness and defend Lucas. I dont know how much it will help but we can atleast try." I said wiping my tears.

"Of course I'll help him out. He's always had my back, its time I had his." Zay said.

"Thank you so much." I said hugging Zay. As we pulled apart I saw Lucas walk up to me. Zay walked away giving me a smile.

Lucas stood in front of me and I looked deep into his eyes.

"I believe you. I have your back. Now and forever." I said.