Chapter 5

It's December in Seoul and it's snowing, I hate snow, and for those of you who know me you know hate snow. I like looking at it!....from my window. But I don't like walking in it or driving in it. Back home in Yakima, I had to drive to work and school in the snow, I hated it. Driving through a foot of snow and black ice is not my idea of a good time! Trudging through the snow in Seattle one year was bad too. The buses were all an hour to an hour and a half late or not running at all depending on how steep of a hill they had to drive up because Seattle isn't equipped for snow or hot summers. Basically, Seattle isn't equipped for harsh weather; both of which I am very used to because of my hometown. Seoul is much like where I grew up, all four seasons and harsh weather: extremely hot summers and extremely cold winters. I felt like I was living back I Yakima, but speaking Korean instead, and no farms or orchards. Yes, I'm a country girl, born and raised in Yakima, Washington with a horse pasture in my backyard and a corn field to the right of my yard, this was my life as a kid and I loved it. For those of you who've never run through a corn field or played hide and go seek in a corn field: you're missing out.

I became a little homesick during this time since my Dad and my step mom both have their birthday in December, also my baby cousin has her birthday in December: so I was a little depressed. My parents have skype, so I was able to skype with them on their birthday and that made me feel a little better. The boys were there while I was skyping with my parents and each of them introduced themselves, my parents loved them!

"Hey Jellybean!", my step mom called out, "How are you?"

"I'm OK, Carol," I said. "I'm at work right now but I have some free time. Happy Birthday!"

"Thank You!," Carol said in her chipper voice. "How are things going over there? What is your job like?"

"Things are great!" I said ecstatically. "I have a new apartment which a friend helped me find. I have a fantastic job with Big Hit Entertainment and a very loving boyfriend."

At that point the boys decided it would be a great idea to jump in on camera. TaeHyung was first:

"HI!", he yelled with great enthusiasm. "I am TaeHyung! Nice to meet you! I like your daughter, she is teaching me great English."

"Hello, I am NamJoon," NamJoon popped in pushing V away. "MinHye is a wonderful human being, thank you for creating her."

"HI!", Jin yelled pushing NamJoon's head down, "I'm Jin! MinHye takes great care of us! We love our Nuna!"

Jimin then butts Jin out of the way, "Hello! I am Jimin, nice to see you! Thank you for MinHye, we love her so much. She takes great care of us and teaches us English. Bye bye!"

"They call me J-Hope!," HoSeok jumped in, "but my name is HoSeok, nice to meet you! We love our MinHye!" He said giving me a kiss on my forehead. "She makes me feel like a King!"

With that Yoongi butted in, "Hi, I am Yoongi. I am dating your daughter and she is wonderful. Thank you for her. I promise to take very good care of her."

JungKook jumped on Yoongi's back and yelled, "HI! I'm JungKook! Nice to see you! MinHye is great and we will keep her and make sure she is healthy and happy! We love nuna!"

Yoongi fell over while trying to hold Kookie up and my parents laughed, they had a good time meeting the boys I work for and meeting the one I am dating. My parents were very enamored by them and their politeness, they also laughed at how goofy the boys could be.

"They are very excitable," I said with Yoongi sitting next to me now.

"You seem very happy, MinHye," my dad said. "Yoongi, how old are you?"