Chapter One

"You're late."

"I'm s-sorry. I-I had to go to the store."

He grabbed me and threw me into the wall pinning my arms to my sides.

"I told you to be home at 11. It's now 11:10."

"I-I know... I-I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it."

He looked me up and down. I shivered knowing he would do something like this soon. He had been trying to get me to sleep with him for about a month now. He licked his lips hungrily. Tears started streaming down my face.

"Please. Please don't do this Dylan."

He laughed maniacally. I shivered again. He put his fingers to my lips just as a sob escaped.

"Shh baby. Stop. It's okay you'll enjoy it."

I shook my head back and forth. Tears still streaming down my face.

"I said stop."

He pushed me harder into the wall. I whimpered.

"That's enough noise."

He leaned down closer to my face so i could feel his hot breath near my mouth. He pressed his lips to mine still pinning me to the wall. I started to try to push him off. He stopped kissing me.

slap

I fell to the ground holding my cheek. I started to really sob now. Dylan took a step towards me. I blacked up against the wall still sobbing.

"Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. You should know by now not to try to resist me. Look at me sweetheart."

I just sat curled up against the wall, hiding my face with my arms.

"Brooklyn. I want you to look at me."

He kicked me right below the ribs causing me to cry out. Then he grabbed my arm dragging me to my feet. I tried to fight him again. He just wrapped his arms around me. I squirmed trying to get out of his grasp but he was too strong. He scooped me up bridal style holding me a little too tightly to his chest. He carried me all the way to his room, which he forces me to share with him. He put me down holding me to him again.

"Please don't do this Dylan. Let me go."

"Baby. Baby. Shh. Don't fight it. I know you'll like it. I can tell you've wanted this for a long time.  There's no need to fight me. You know I love you. And I know you love me."

I shoved him as hard as I could. It was just enough that he stepped back a bit.

"I don't love you Dylan. I hate you."

I turned to leave. He reached to grab my already bruised wrists. I moved quickly before he could. I ran out of the room. I ran down the stairs and out the door. Before I could get far I heard Dylan's heavy footsteps behind me.

"Get back here!"

I ran as fast as I could, trying to find some place with more people. It was hard seeing as Dylan had us living out in the middle of no where. We lived in Australia, but we lived far away from other people. Dylan made sure of that.

I ran away from my real home with Dylan when I turned eighteen and he was 21. We've been living together for about 6 months now. He's been abusing me since we got out here. I used to live in Fleetwood England with my parents. I thought we were in love. I thought we would be together forever, boy was I wrong. I've tired to run away before but I had no where to go. I always ended up going back to Dylan.

I was still running. Thankful that I used to do cross country back in school. I could hear Dylan's footsteps fading. I snuck a quick glance behind me and I couldn't see anything. I slowed down but didn't stop. I kept on going. When I finally got to town I slowed down to a stop. I lifted my shirt to see a big bruise already forming just below my ribs.

I sighed rolling my shirt down carefully. I kept walking, looking around for any signs of Dylan or a hotel. I was not going back this time. All he does is hurt me. I wiped the tears that were still falling down my face with the back of my sweater sleeve. There wasn't many people out this late. I walked down an unfamiliar street trying to get as far from Dylan as possible.

I kept stealing glances behind me to see if I could see him. I let out a sigh of relief when there was no one there. I kept walking not knowing where to go. I saw a store that was coming up realizing how hungry I was. I had my debit card safely tucked in my pocket. I had about a thousand dollars still saved from before I ran away. I only used it in emergencies. I went into the store, I grabbed some chips, a drink, and a sandwich. I payed and left.

I walked a little and sat on a nearby curb, I ate everything I bought. I sat for another minute just trying to think of where I could stay. The only people I met here were Dylan's friends and they would tell Dylan that I was there.

I started to walk again looking for a hotel or somewhere I could sleep for the night. I kept my head down hoping Dylan wouldn't be out driving trying to find me. As I was turned another corner I heard voices. I could see a group of three guys walking not far behind me. My heart skipped a beat. What of it was Dylan...