Chapter 19: Full Moon

Shayla's POV:

I woke up and dig out my phone from under my pillow to check the time. The light blinded me as I turned it on. Squinting, it said: 6:53am.

What? So early? I groaned and shoved my phone back under my pillow. There isn't school this week because of Mid-Term Break. I shouldn't be waking up this early! I reached to the small table beside the bed and took a sip of water, then put the glass back down.

Something wrapped around my waist tightened, bringing me back closer to whatever the hell it was. Extra cautious, I turned to look at the stranger. Oh, it's only Chase. I inwardly laughed and accidentally let out a small giggle, causing Chase's eyebrows to furrow tighter a bit in his sleep. I bite my lip, trying to stifle another fit of giggles.

"What's so funny," he groans. Dear lords, I thought the attractive morning voice was just a rumor in Wattpad stories. I was so wrong.

"Nothing, I just thought you were a rapist," I say, finally laughing out loud.

"Not possible Shayla, I'd never let that happen," he says with his eyes still closed, "You scent seems different... it's driving my wolf insane," he huskily says, pushing his body up against mine. My eyes widened as realization dawns upon me: Nearly a month after my first shift. That could only result into one thing... my first heat.

"Oh hell no," I whisper, trying to fend off the physical urges I had for my mate. My emotions were heating up, and it feels like I want to complete the mating process! No, this is ridiculous. It's just an illusion, just an illusion.

"Heat eh? The odds seem to be in my favor," he smirks. It seems as if my hands had a mind of their own; instead of pushing him away, they started to travel around his chest. I can see he was fully awake now, and it sure is obvious he has inappropriate thoughts messing up his brain.

The want for him drove madly in my body. My heartbeat accelerated as his lips hover above mine. The temptation. Without thinking, I slammed my lips onto his, as if I depended on it. Stupid heat. I hate you, heat.

***

"Shayla Hale! Are you even listening to what I'm asking? Ugh whatever, this dress looks nice on me anyways," Ashlyn's frustrated yell breaks my glass of thought, "Oh no... it's your heat isn't it?" she grins slyly. I just blush and nod.

"We didn't do anything though! I swear!"

"You guys didn't kiss, or like, make out or something?" she raises an eyebrow, amused.

"Of course not! I mean, no, well, fine! Yes! We kind of did make out this morning..." the blush burned in my ears as I tried to fight the smile that grew on my cheeks.

"Oh em gee!!!"Ashlyn squeals, "see, always trust Cole and I when we say you two are going to work it out!"

"Okay! Okay! Now can we get ready? The party is right after practice and I don't even know what to wear!" I helplessly flail my arms in the air in exasperation. That's why Ashlyn is my sister! Of course, not blood related... But she's mates with Cole, so technically my sister in law or whatever!

"Fine, okay we need something that will make your mate fall head over heels for you and trip again... Hmm..." she digs through her wardrobe, her head hidden in the pile of clothes, "ah ha! I've found it!" she slyly grins, showing me a new pair of-

"No. Not in a billion years. Nooooo." I say, mortified. Th-that thing she was holding in her hands! I wish I never bought them! Even without looking in her mind, I knew what she was thinking.