Chapter 18: Hope

Chapter 18: Hope

Shayla's POV

"Help Chase? Why would you want to help Chase?" I asked, unconvinced.

"I can see that he loves you, and even when you say you hate him, you actually love him. He's your mate after all." he silently admits.

"Does this cure actually work?" I narrowed my eyes at him, still unconvinced.

"Yes, Gaston ordered a bunch of mad scientists to create this cure. I've seen the effects myself. If you want to save Chase, we have to go, and quick," he replied.

I nodded. He was my only hope right now. I needed to save Chase. I guess I do love that arrogant bastard. But he still has to prove his love towards me.

Arden shifted into his beautiful grey wolf and I shifted into mine. Quickly, he led the way, deeper and deeper into the dense forest. Around ten minutes later, my wolf and I immediately recognized a small wooden shed and growled out of instinct. I didn't want to move farther. I can't not even for Chase. That place just held too many dark memories.

"Come on, Shayla," Arden says as he shifted back. I whimpered, backing away. "Hey, it's fine, I'll be there."

I shook my head, wide-eyed as I was filled with the haunting smells of the star-iron that lingered. Arden slowly raised his hand and reached towards my muzzle, patting it. The small action soothed me a bit and I shifted. He cracked a small smile and took my hand. I hesitated at first, but returned the small gesture.

Chase's POV

I floated around the brightly lit room I was in, and saw everything unmoving. Shayla was sitting on the chair, burying her hands into her face sobbing, and the Lydia was at removing from what looks like a bullet from my stomach.

Oh, I get it. Time stopped.

I looked at my hands, to see I was translucent. My physical body lay on the bed, and my spirit... I guess that's me right now. Through the window, the fight was bloody. But that isn't what I wanted to see.

"Oh Shayla," I whispered. I looked at her face which was red and covered in tears. Her clothes was soaked in blood, which I'm sure was mine. "I don't deserve someone like you, Shayla."

Suddenly, a gust of wind swept through me as a ghostly white figure of a lady appeared.

"Forgive my sudden intrusion, Chase Anderson. I do not think I have introduced myself properly. I am Sasha, also known as the Goddess of werewolves," her soft voice says.

"My ladyship," I bow, "am I dead?"

"No, you aren't. Someone you don't favor will save you. Chase Anderson, you are learning and molding into your role as Alpha of the Darke Wolfe pack, but there is one thing you haven't learned yet: forgiveness. You have to show forgiveness if you wish to be accepted," Sasha says, her wavy blonde hair brushes away from her face.

"Forgiveness? I have forgiven Shayla for running away like that - it was my actions that caused that."

"First, you have to forgive yourself, then learn to forgive others. I paired Shayla with you, not Arden, for a reason. Don't deny it Chase, you've always had feelings for that young one," she grins, and I can't help but grin too.

"Okay, you got me, I've always had my eye on her," that's why I went around with a reputation as a player, to try and forget her. I silently add.

"Your pack is strong, only few from your pack have died tonight. With your mate, your pack will be even stronger. Alpha and Luna problems affect their behavior as well. But don't fret, you will get what you want, soon. I must not waste anymore of your time. You have a lot of preparing to do for the Full Moon tomorrow. Besides, someone is looking for you," she winks and unexpectedly gives me a hug. I guess spirits and spirits can touch each other, but not solid stuff. I return the hug and she fades away, her last words being: "Good luck, my child."