Chapter 15: Please?

Chapter 15: Please?

Recap on last chapter:

Arden kisses Shayla, then he, Gaston and the rouges are setting off to destroy the other packs. Meanwhile, Chase feels the pain of the kiss, his cut from Rebecca has opened. He knows that the only thing that can stop the pain of the kiss from a mate to someone else is by using star-iron; therefore, he is determined to get Shayla back.

Chase's POV:

I had no hint on Shayla's condition. She hasn't mind-linked anyone in the pact and it seems impossible for me to contact her.

I miss her brown hair... Her bright smile... Ridiculous sarcasm... Our "love/hate" relationship... Oh lords, she probably still thinks I cheated on her!

Agh. This day could not get any worse.

What if she was dead already? No. She's a strong wolf. She cannot be dead. If she was, surely I would've felt it by now...

'Stop thinking like that, you human. Our mate is not dead,' my wolf insists.

I sigh, deciding to take his advice.

"There," the pack healer re-did the stitches on my leg, "I don't suggest you going out into the field again or it might open up again, and you'll lose a lot of blood. Don't put too much pressure on it okay? The cut is really deep, it might take around two more days for it to heal at this rate," she said.

I smiled, "Thank you, I won't," I replied, heading out towards the door. A loud yell startled me as I frantically looked around our training field.

"ALPHA! ALPHA CHASE!" one of our pack member's named Tristan ran towards me in his wolf form, freaking out and panting, looking at me wide-eyed as he shifted back into his human form, "The rogues - I saw them with my very own eyes - they're coming, and they have our Luna with them," he trembles.

"How many, where, and speed," I immediately growl. By now, everyone from all packs have turned their attention towards Tristan.

"Only around 125 men; but they have a lot of star-iron, just as our Luna said. Even with our 180 men, it's going to be a tough battle. I last saw them north-east, and they're moving in fast. They'll probably arrive in 10 minutes," he panted. My Alpha mode immediately kicked in at the news. I shouted orders around, preparing all of us werewolves for this battle.

"Women and children are hidden right?" I asked River.

"Yes, Alpha."

"And we have 5 of our men inside the mansion guarding them right? And also one on each floor?" I continue to make sure.

"Yes. All the other Alphas are preparing their packs on their field areas as practiced. We have also equipped as many members as we could with star-iron." he quickly replied. I simply nodded in response as the other Alphas gathered around to where I was standing. We were facing the direction of where our spies have said they'd be coming through. Our plan was to first try talk it out, but if they don't agree, we'll have no choice but to fight.

'They're coming,' Tristan's says through our mind link. I growl and the other Alpha's stiffen as we hear the heavy trampling of wolves close in. The thundering tension around our 180 men was obvious as the rogues stepped forward.

The familiar dull brown colored wolf stepped forward and my fists clenched together in anger. My wolf was struggling inside me, trying to take over and rip off his head. That bastard, Gaston, shifted back in front of all of us, heavy star iron weapons tacked with him as he smirked.

"Where is Shayla?" I growled, completely forgetting my agreement with River to try and give a polite greeting.

"Straight to the point are we, boy? You haven't changed a bit since I last met you. So protective of her," he evilly cooed.