20. Low Tide

AUTHORS NOTE

Alright. Three months of nonstop bull, drama, school, drama, boys, losing friends...anyway.

I have been in a cloud for the last few months. Everything I thought I knew about some things were totally screwed up in my life, and I had no motivation since. I had so many great ideas for this book, and I couldnt think of one since this past shitty summer.

but I an back, and hopefully here to stay. I think i will plan on making updates alot on this book, or possibly making a twitter, and you guys can ask me questions or something. give me advice, who knows. tell me what you hope for this book to come to, maybe a sequel, whatever. anyway, I love you guys. here is Chapter 20.

CH 20 LOW TIDE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

peppers pov

Ch. 20 Low Tide

"How is that possible?" I slowly ask, watching her as she makes her way to my couch.

"We just need to wait and see, Pepper, that's all we can do. There are two things that could've happened. One, The artifact was worn down enough that it couldn't generate enough power for the two of you so it just kept fizzing, or two, because she was the last to interact with the bracelet it will take longer for her." She sits down on my couch as thunder booms and lightning flashes through my window.

I breathe in heavily and sit on the floor, combing through my hair with my fingers.

"Pepper, don't panic. What's done is done. What ever happens, happens. There is no way we could of controlled it..." Ashley stares at me.

"She has to have a tail, right? She has her inherited power! There is NO WAY she can't...can she?" I rush the words out of my mouth as if I can't hold them in any longer.

"She  may of not contacted the artifact long enough and only inherited her power, Pepper. But like I said, all we can do is wait."

I stare up at her then lay back on the floor staring up at the ceiling. "We have to get to them somehow."

"Pepper, I know. We won't be able to until this storm passes, though. Unless you have some way to get to her house."

"Can't you teleport us or something? Use your abraca-dabra magic?," I say getting annoyed.

Throwing a pillow at my face, she says, "For one, I told you. I only have enough medicine for so many times. Two, even if I would use my 'abraca-dabra magic,' we would be offshore, not at her front door step.

Thunder booms outside, then the rain starts pelting the roof. I turn over on my stomach just in time to see lightning out my window. Thunder rolls again, shaking the house.

"Even if she doesn't turn, Pepper, I still trust her with keeping this a secret," Ashley says from behind me.

"Why wouldn't you?" I ask rolling back over and turning to face her.

"I'm just saying, I trust her with this. You never know if-"

My door slams open and Claire and Skyler appear.

"Move! Out the way!" Claire says rushing to my bathroom. Shutting the door behind her, a loud thump hits ground, and the door slightly opens again, revealing part of a tail.

"How did ya'll get here?!" I say opening the door, revealing Claire's state. She has a blueish red colored tail, shiny and glimmering with every sudden move.

"I stole the golf cart." Skyler says stepping over Claire and reaching for a towel to ring out her drenched hair.

"Skyler made me ride in the built-in ice chest," Claire says flipping around towards us in my room, slapped Skyler's leg with her fin, leaving a slimy trail on her calf.

"Ew!" Skyler finishes drying some of her hair and cleans her leg, then throws the towel at Claire's face.

Claire laughs and continues talking while drying her tail. "I didn't know it was going to be pouring down rain. One minute I walk outside and its a little windy, the next minute I am out of the ice chest and in your driveway, and I am pelted in rain!"

Skyler sits on the floor next to me. Claire keeps blabbering on to Ashley while I talk to Skyler alone.

"You okay?" I ask, watching her comb her hand in her wet hair.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, you think I will get a tail, right? I mean, I know this was just meant for you and Ashley, but now you all three have a tail and I don't. I got my power, so I should get a tail, right?" Skyler looks at me sad and back down at her hair.

I feel bad for her. We have all been through serious crap this past year, and Skyler was always kind of the "odd man out."

"Skyler, I'm sure you will get a tail no matter what. We are in this together now, no turning back. I never wanted this, Skyler, remember that. We will all have to live with it.."

I never wanted this in the first place. I would be happy reading a book or taking a nice bubble bath without a tail every two seconds, or playing in the rain, even though there rarely is any. At first, anything besides this could of been better. ANYTHING. But I've got my friends to help me through this, none of us will ever be alone. I know my life was different, I was always out there, the outcast, but my friends are there for me now. No matter what life has to throw at me. Death, Sadness, or
mermaids. Come at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hopefully this chapter will give you guys a hint on what is most likely to come in the future. this chapter is obviously short, but ive been procrastinating and needed to give you guys something.

I think we hit 10k reads? guys. i couldnt ask for anything better. this means a whole lot to me. I love you all and keep on reading.

just keep swimming guys, ive learned that life goes on, and you can make it through anything. dont forget that.

chapter 21 should be out soon.

remember to follow, comment, and vote.  just keep reading! thanks again for my true readers for staying with me through these past hard months. it means the world to me, know idea. couldnt ask for better readers.

See you soon(: :-*