16. New World

Hello!

So I'm on vacation...

SCHOOLS OUT!

Isn't that exciting? I hope it's out for all of you!

Here is chapter 16!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CH 16. New World

"Wait, we're going now? " I ask as we turn the corner.

"Yeah. They have things I need that will help with symptoms for my power, and people you need to talk with," Ashley replies getting a net and hanging it over her shoulder. She puts a jar of some sand-looking contents into the net-bag, including shells. 

"What are those for?" I ask pointing.

" To trade for what I need- this might cover the cost..." Her voice fades as we head back to the deck. She swings the bag over her head and around her shoulder.

"Ready?" She asks me turning around.

I hesitate and say, "Y-y-yeah." I wasn't expecting to go this quickly to wherever my mom used to live. I thought it would be a few days.

Not paying attention, Ashley puts something over my head and says, "where this until we arrive. Don't want others to think you are Coral."

I look down and see I'm wearing what looks like to be a glittery transparent shirt with a hood. "Ashley, my dad called my mother Crystal, but you say Coral...why?"

"Her land name was Crystal," she replies putting on the same shirt as me. "Pull your hood on," she says doing the same with her's.

"What's the point in this?" I ask doing what she says.

"The hood covers the whole face, and other mermaids can't see through it from the glitter, but we can see perfectly inside," she says grabbing my hand.  "Last night, could you see clearly underwater?"

Now that I think about it, I could. I saw garfish and catfish passing me, including small brim. I saw what was ahead of me, without having to squint my eyes. Everything was blurry when I was a human...I'm not human, come to think of that, too. I was never really human...

I reply with a simple, "yes," and she continues.

"Good. This water was foggy, but where we are going, is basically a city- but just underwater and with lots of mermaids and fish," she says dragging me over to the edge of the deck.

"Ready?" She says holding my wrist with a tight grasp.

"What are you going to do?" I ask looking at the water. Below me, the water starts to swirl, making a small whirlpool.

"Bring us to Aphrodite's Spore," she says smiling at the whirlpool, which now has an image of distant lights. "Bringing us home," she says as looks at me.

"Don't let go, whatever you do. Stay close to me, and hang on to the net. We had small practice last night, but swim fast, and stay with my speed," she says as the whirlpool spins faster.

I get behind her, and pull my hood down even more. Hanging on to her bag and shoulder, we fall into the water.

It was quick. I didn't feel anything. Water circled me, and I closed my eyes. I felt Ashley's shoulder, then a small tug, then a bigger one. Soon enough, I opened my eyes.

What seemed like hundreds of mermaids were swimming past us in every direction-fast. They all looked so delicate and graceful. You would get a quick glance of one, then a different one. I swam with Ashley's pace, thrusting my tail powerfully, proud of how far my training with this tail has gotten me. Looking infront of Ashley, a green/emerald castle lied there. The tall elegant windows shone a golden light, shadowing every mermaid swimming from every direction either entering or leaving the entrance. Last what seemed the middle of a market area, emerald stairs leading to the front of the castle were enormous. It was literally an underwater city. I breathed in the salty water, and realized that we aren't in Louisiana anymore.