10. Freezing Point

Yay! Chapter 10! So, We have more testing next week...

There might be a delay for the next chapter due to that, but I highly doubt it. Here is chapter ten!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ch. 10 Freezing Point

Peppers POV

The next morning, light shone through the window of my room. I opened my eyes slowly and rolled over to open the window. Everything was covered in dew, and it still looked early morning.

Barely any cars were on the small beach highway in the front, and there were few people on the beach in the distance. I yawned and stretched closing the window.

My phone was under me, so I checked the time : 7:47. I raised an eyebrow. This is the first night I didn't have a nightmare. ( I don't think.) I smiled thinking 'Thank God that's over with.'

I took the covers off of me and got out of bed putting on my slippers. I made my way to my bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I tried brushing my curly hair, but that didn't work out, so I put my hair back in a very low insecure bun and pinned back my bangs. Slowly I made my way out the bathroom and out onto the second floor landing. I shuffled to the stairs and started descending.

Noises were coming from the kitchen, so I made my way into there and sat down at the bar counter watching my dad cook breakfast.

When he noticed me sitting there, he smiled and said, "Goodmorning."

"Morning." I got up and went to the fridge to get orange juice, but changed my mind when I saw his tall glass of water. I took it and walked back to the counter.

"So, how did you sleep, Dad?" I asked sitting down.

"Good, good. I need to put our camper at the storage units today to make room for the new boat I bought. Want to come with me?"

"Wait, you bought ANOTHER boat?"

"But this one is worth it, sweetie! The cabin is big enough for you to bring your friends, and Marie's friends- hell, even a dog!" He says excitedly, flipping eggs in the skillet.

"Well, good for you Dad.." I say chugging the water.

He turns toward me as I get up to fill the glass again. My dad stares at me curiously before saying, "Is everything okay? You don't look so good." He walks up to me feeling my forehead.

"I'm fine, Dad," pushing his hand away gently.

He sighs and starts cooking again. I know he is just worried about me, but he has know idea what's wrong with me. I doubt he will even except me as his daughter, no less a freak if he finds out.

I fill up the glass and start walking back up to my room. Drinking the water before I get to my room, I remember that there are two glasses by my bed. Thank God I don't have to walk back down.

I open the door to my room and sit on my bed. The two glasses are still sitting where they were last night, but one is frozen and the other is almost empty from steaming it all last night. I rase my palm to barely melt the ice.

Ice starts cracking and melting, making the outside of the cup covered in small droplets. I hear a door open from downstairs, still concentrating on the ice.

Footsteps get louder as they head upstairs. My door opens and I quickly take my hand away from the cup, watching the boiling water steam and stop slowly. So much for not overdoing it.

"Don't freak, it's just me." Ashley pokes her head in my room noticing the cup. She walks in and stands infront of me.

"Hey." I say