4. Tidal Wave

Hello! Holy poop! Over 100 reads???

Thank you soo much for reading! Also, I'm sorry for not uploading yesterday, I wasn't home!!

So, here is the next chapter! I hope you enjoy it guys :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pepper's POV

It was almost midnight with the full moon shining high, rippling across the water. The water engulfed me and I was meters under the surface. In the moonlight, I saw I was wearing a white dress. The shimmer of fish scales pass by my feet in the dark water. Even though I was underwater, I didn't need to go up for air. I felt safe. I felt free. I slowly swam underwater, studying the fish that pass me. My eyes started to burn, but I felt like I knew that I had to be somewhere... I looked into the distant dark water, and all I saw was many glittering scales slowly coming towards me. I watched it as the other half of the giant fish came into the moons light. The "other half" was human-like, and feminine... Like a mermaid... She had light brown hair, and wore many jewels and shells around her neck and in her hair. Even though I didn't know what the mermaid wanted, she seemed friendly, and safe. As she got closer gracefully, I was still struggling to stay in one spot underwater. The mermaid reached out to me, and I reached my hand out as well. She touched my wrist, and it felt like thousands of knives stabbing me in the same spot where my bracelet left blisters. I screamed, only to be drowned out by the water. I tried to break free of her grasp, kicking the water and pulling back, only did the mermaid's grasp get tighter...

I say up in bed screaming "STOP! Let go!" I felt someone jerking me back, then realizing I was in my room. My eyes were still burning from the salt water, but I forced them open. I looked up to see two blurred faces looking at me. I closed my eyes again, thrashing at the air. " Let Go! Let...GOO!"

"Will you stop,Pepper!? It's Claire an Skyler, c'mon!" I noticed Claire's usual grasp on my wrist, and again I opened my eyes. Everything blurred back into vision, and I looked at them.

Claire's hair was curly and wild like she just woke up. Skyler was still concentrating on rubbing her eyes, but still holding me down.

"What happened? Did I hurt anyone?" I said confused and apologetically. Claire looked at me bewildered and screamed, "DID YOU WAKE US? IM SURPRISED THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD DIDN'T THINK WE WERE KILLING YOU!"

Skyler looked at me and said, "Where I used to live, we learned to deal with our own problems, like, hold them in. Example A, nightmares. I had a bad dream too. You obviously had a nightmare, huh?"

Claire let her grasp go of me, and watched my next move. I settled down, and watched them both. Then I sat up still trying to catch my breath, realizing a bitter taste of salt water resting in my mouth. "I'm really sorry I woke you both up. And yeah, I did have a nightmare. It's probably going to sound really dumb, but I was underwater at night...I could see everything around me in the pitch black water, including...including a-"

"Mermaid." We all say at the same time, and look at each other in astonishment.

"This can't-" I say.

"It couldn't be-" Claire says.

"Did all three of us have the same dream?" Skyler wraps up all of our sentences. None of us say anything but to stare at each other for a few seconds.

Then I break the silence by checking my phone clock and saying, "Its already 8:30 in the morning. I don't know about you two, but I feel like I haven't washed salt water off of me in hours, making everything feel stiff, and dry. I'm going take a shower, again. You know where food is in the kitchen." And with that, I grab my phone and head to my bathroom.

After my shower, I walk downstairs and sit at the kitchen counter with Skyler. I changed into different pajamas, and Skyler still looked the same as she did when I woke her up by my screaming.

"Where is Claire?" I ask.

"She went on that family day trip thing," Skyler says staring at her phone, smiling.

I bite my lip, and lean over to try to see who she is texting. Skyler looks up at me, and turns her phone away from me. I teasingly smile and say "Who are you texting that I, the bestfriend, can't see?"

She blushes and says "No one! I mean, I'm texting no one..."

"Aww, Now you know that I KNOW your lying, but I will let your secret crush slide...for today." I said smiling and then staring back towards the kitchen.

I think about the house, this town, my family... "Hey, have you seen my sister lately? " I ask Skyler.

Skyler never looks up from her phone and after a few seconds, she looks up and stares at me confused and says "Sorry, what?"

I sigh, getting down from the stool saying "Nevermind." I walk back into the front hallway and up the stairs. When I get to her room, I open her door and walk in. Marie's room is hot pink, with cheetah prints creeping out the wall. There is a few posters here and there of one direction, and then clothes all over the floor.

"Marie?" I call into her bathroom. No reply. She is probably at her friends house. I shrug my shoulders and close the door.

Back down the stairs, instead of taking a left into the kitchen, I take a right into the living room. The TV is on, so I sit my happy-self down on the couch and watch Skyler walk in. We both sit on the couch for a few hours, watching movies, talking, and of course, eating. Claire comes back on the second movie, and we pause the third movie waiting for her to finish changing into something more comfortable than her family day shirt and jeans.

Claire walks back in and says " The freak is at the door for you, Pepper." She sits down in my dads recliner, and grabs the remote.

I raise an eyebrow, and get up from the couch. The freak? What does she mean? I get to the front door, and open it. Ashley stands there, wide-eyed.

"Hey, Ashley. Come in. I guess you didn't go on vacation?" I smile and open the door wider. Her expression changes from scared to serious.

Then she says "Pepper, we need to talk. Now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think Ashley has to talk to Pepper about?

Who was Skyler texting?

Where is Peppers sister?

It all continues!!

Thank you for reading! New Chapters coming soon! Vote, comment, share!