5. Crashing Waves

Okay! Im REALLY sorry for not updating yesterday. I know I am very late for this next chapter! I needed to get down ideas and I rewrote this one alot.

But here it is, and I hope you enjoy! Thank you soo much for 400 reads! It means alot to me! Please comment, vote, and tell me what you think so far!!!

Alrighty! Byeeee:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5 Crashing Waves

Peppers POV

I looked at her curiously and said, "Is everything alright?- Come on in." Ashley hesitated for a second before stepping inside. I closed the door behind her and she walked a few steps toward the kitchen.

Ashley froze staring at the living room, then waving at Claire and Skyler. "Hey..." Ashley mumbled.

Skyler smiles and says, "Hey, Ashley!" with a wave. Claire doesn't look up from the TV but says "hi." Very welcoming, eh?

Ashley slowly turns back to the kitchen and inches her way towards the island. I look over at Claire and Skyler and shrug my shoulders, answering their confused faces of 'Why is she here?'

I make my way into the kitchen and sit down on a stool. Ashley reluctantly makes her way across from me, gliding her hand on the stone top counter, tapping her fingers nervously.

I watch her until she sits down, then I say, " Soo, what do you need to tell me?" Ashley keeps tapping her finger on the counter, and then replies, "How was yesterday?"

"It was..." Remembering what all happened yesterday from falling in the pool, the bracelet fizzing, our dream.. I hesitate and say " Where did you get that bracelet? I fell in the pool yesterday and it started to fizz. Do you know what it's made of?"

Ashley looked up at me and then looked toward the living room. She hunched back as footsteps got closer. I looked over at Claire and Skyler walking in. Ashley looked very uncomfortable.

"What we miss?" Claire asks.

"I was just asking where she got the bracelet at, that's all." I say. Claire plasters an evil smirk on her face, and Ashley cowers back a little.

"Well, good. That bracelet burnt the crap out of all three of us, and-"

"Wait, all three of you?!" Ashley's eyes get big and she surveys over my wrist where the blisters are, and tries to look for the blisters on Claire and Skyler.

Claire puts a hand on her hip, and cocks her hip to the side. "Before you interrupted me, yes. It was fizzing, and it's your fault."

Ashley looks back at me ignoring what Claire said and buries her head in her hands. "Why did you let them wear it? It was supposed to be for you... I trusted you with this,Pepper. You have no idea what you just did!"

Confused, I look at her an say "What?Ashley, I fell in the pool yesterday. The bracelet was burning so I took it off, and it slipped out my hand. I asked them to get it for me, and it burnt them too. I didn't let them wear it.I couldn't go back underwater and-"

"This was all meant for you to get back in the water,Pepper! Now all three of you touched the bracelet when it was in water and active... I don't know if you will ever change now..." Ashley looks back up at me. Her face is full of mixed emotions.

I look at her and sigh. "You know what, why don't we all just relax for a second? We all need to understand what's going on." I get up and head toward the cups and fridge.

I pour us all water and ice, and head back towards the kitchen island. Making my way around the table, I hand Claire and Skyler their water. I put Ashley's water by her, and she winces back like its intoxicated.

I place my cup down by the corner of the island to get seated again. Turning the edge, I hit my elbow against the stone edge, sending a tingling feeling up my arm. "Ow! I hate when that happens!" I jerk my elbow back to examine it, and the cup full of water spills on me.

Ashley jumps out of her stool and gets away from the water quick as possible. I look down my soaked shirt. "Come. On." I groan and grab a towel.

Ashley reacts quicker, and grabs my arm. "Come with me," she says quickly. She pulls me upstairs and I point to my room. We get inside, and she locks the door.

"It's just water, Ashley. Calm down...gosh," I say wiping off my shirt. She looks at me bewildered and says "quit wiping it!" and slaps my hand away from my side.

My mouth makes an 'o' shape, and I rub the back of my hand. She groans in aggravation and pulls me to my bathroom.

"What is your problem?" I ask. She ignores my question, and runs the faucet water. Ashley pulls my hand under the water.

I watch her, and then say, "and this does what?" She waits for a few seconds before looking at me, then my hand, me, hand, and repeats.

"This isn't working. Coral said it would work." Coral? Wait, hold.up. Did she just say my mothers name?

"How do you know my mother's name?" I ask coldly. Ashley looks at me apologetically.

" You were the only one who helped me around this year, right? You were there for me when I first moved here?" I nod at her questions. She licks her lips and says, "I have been here this whole time, Pepper. Just not on land. "

"What do you mean 'I've been here this whole time?' " This girl is insane, I have now realized.

Ashley stops the water, and pulls me by the only dry part on my arm. " This can't wait any longer. You aren't going to learn on your own like the rest of us. I have to show you. Oh I'm soo breaking the contract." She drags me back downstairs towards my back door.

"What's going on, Pepper?" Claire asks. I hear footsteps behind us, knowing that Claire and Skyler are following us.

"Where are we going,Ashley?" I ask. We get outside, and near the pool. I pull back, remembering what happened yesterday.

"I'm not getting in the pool, Ashley!" I declare.

"Your not getting in the pool, I am. You just have to see what your mother wanted you to be and what I trust you to be. Your my friend, right?" Ashley looks at me sincerely.

How does she know my mother? When did she ever be associated with her? I hear the door close behind us, and Claire is waiting for me to reply to Ashley's question.

I guess now Claire will know and have to accept that Ashley IS my friend. But what is she planning to show me? Can I really trust her? Is Ashley actually insane and I don't know it?

I listen to my gut. I think about the times when I didn't know what to do, and my mother would always tell me to listen to instinct, and do what you know is right. I picture her black hair and her green eyes. She used to be happy and always persistent. My mom would want me to be the best I could ever be, and make the best choices.

In those 5 seconds of hurried thoughts, I look at Ashley.

I listen to my mothers voice in the back of my head, and blurt out my answer.

"Yes."

Ashley nods her head and looks at Claire and Skyler. "Since they were also affected with the Moon's Transformation, I guess this deals with you too, Skyler and Claire. I trust you will keep this a secret, all three of you guys. Not just me, but the whole Spore of Aphrodite."

Ashley takes off the same jacket she was wearing yesterday, and dives gracefully into the pool.

What did we just get ourselves into...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How did Ashley know Pepper's Mother?

What did the girls get themselves into?

What happened to Peppers sister?

It all continues!! Thank you for reading guys ;) this chapter sucked bad. The next chapter will be better, I promise!

I think I might make a schedule of when I should update chapters. I might edit this one. Ill warn you if I do, so you won't have to go back and keep checking:)

Thank you for reading, I love you all!

Comment, vote, fan me, and read! :)