P A R T: S T A R S

Start from the beginning

"Fariel... is it?" Sydania thumbed her bottom lip in thought. "Continue."

"When he had woken, I had been in charge of his bathing and feeding since he would not allow Andel nor Fariel near him for the longest time. He was a beautiful boy then even with the scars and bruises littering his body. Pretty green eyes, silky, black hair that could slip through your fingers, and smooth skin... He was too pretty to be a whore, I thought." Analia brushed her hand down her arm at the memory. 

"Every night he had slept with me wrapping his arms so tight around me I felt safe with him so near me. He was sweet to me then wanting to be around me and only me even after his fear of men had dwindled. He used to kiss my cheek and hold my hand. Some nights, he would settle with running his fingers through my hair until I was fast asleep. I thought then he would never let a thing happen to me because I would not ever allow a thing to happen to him." Analia stopped herself as her cheeks warmed. She never meant to share any of those things. 

"What is it that you want from me?" Analia backed away letting the cold air hit her face. 

"Nothing that you do not want for yourself, Analia."

"Do you want me to grow bitter feelings towards him? If so, it will not happen." 

Sydania laughed. 

"Oh, but you already have. Him loving a dragon that had taken not only your lover but your entire village away. Now he threatens to take away your dearest friend from you. Karos does not care for you as much as he should. After everything you had done for him, this is how he repays you."

"Poison. I will not listen to your words of poison." Analia covered her ears and closed her eyes. 

"Take his most precious gem and crush it beneath your feet like he had done to your heart."

"Away with you!"

"An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. It is only fair... is it not?"

Analia brought herself down to her knees and shook her head with a fervor. 

"Enough! Enough! Go away!" 

"But, Analia, you are the one who had invited me in," she laughed as her voice grew further away. 

As soon as Analia opened her eyes again, Rakkaus was standing before her with furrowed brows and an outstretched hand. 

"Are you well?" 

Analia shook her head, not wanting to believe it was just a mere figment of her imagination. She looked around for her and that girl, but no one could be found. However, her eyes continued to linger on a plate with an apple core sitting on top of it. 

"What? What is it? Analia, we have no time for this." 

"N-nothing." Her voice shook. Analia rose and took a shaky hand through her hair. "What is it?"

"Karos has been calling for you. For us both." 

"So he trusts you now?"

Rakkaus shook his head.

"But he invited you back." 

"For what reason, I do not know. It is quite obvious he distrusts me. Had you told him about my relationship with Ake prior to his?"

She shook her head and evened out her breath. 

"I would never do such a thing and he is not that kind of person. He just does not trust you." 

Analia rose and left back outside the door with Rakkaus following close behind. 

"Why had you done those things before?" Analia asked not bothering to turn and face him.