The Sea God's One-Night-Stand: REWRITTEN!

Hey guys, Aly here! Wow, this book is officially eight years old? 7?!? 
You're probably wondering why I'm republishing this book on Wattpad.  Well...IT'S GOING TO BE PUBLISHED!!! 
An edited version written in first person POV will be released!
RELEASE DATE TBA

 This reason this story was born...
A long time ago, I received a message from a reader of mine of who follows quite a few of my stories. She asked me something I had never been asked before, and something that frankly took me by surprise. With permission from her, I'm sharing the message.

"Why haven't you ever written a story with a black girl as the main protagonist?
Are you racist?"

No, not at all. One of my very best friends is black! My Harry Potter crush character was and still is Alfred Enoch! And no, please no ridiculous comments below about how "You can love or be close friends with someone of a different race and still be racist."
Argumentative comments simply be deleted.

I answered the user honestly.
Although I've never written a story featuring a black girl as my lead, it's not because I simply choose to write leads only for white characters. I've only written what I know. I'm not black, so I've never wanted to offend anyone by writing a black girl's prospective from a white girl's one. It's the same reason I've never written a LGBTQ love story. Given my lack of experience, I never thought I could give such stories justice.

But even though this person could have phrased her question a hundred ways that were better, she got me thinking. Why aren't there more stories featuring black girls as the leads? Why aren't there more romance stories featuring a black or interracial girl in a love story? When I thought about it, why can't I find any supernatural romances with a black girl as the lead?!
And now, here we are. I hope you enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed writing it! <3

*************************

 July 5th 2016, I experienced a pretty rude experience from a Wattpad user. I had never met this girl and she had never read any of my books before, either. She simply felt the need to comment that she thought my being white and writing a black girl as my lead was cringe worthy. 
Is everyone entitled to their opinion? Yep. But after reading the above part of this chapter, this person actually went on to say that I shouldn't write a book starring a black girl because being white I would just make the book seem "cheap".  The same troll also went on to say her comment wasn't incredibly racist and that black girls can write white girl characters better than a white girl could ever do the same to a black girl.
Long story short, I thought I would address her comment  and anyone else who feels that remark is accurate.
SPOILER ALERT: Authors can write stories even if they're not the same race or gender as their characters. Ever heard of James Patterson?  Look up the story character Alex Cross. Let your minds be boggled. It's a white author writing about a black lead. JK Rowling? Well, that rascal wrote Harry Potter as a woman while her lead is a boy. The nerve, the horror!

This is advice for anyone who has ever had a story they wanted to write. Never let anyone ever tell you that you can't write a story because you don't look like your main character. If every author held that logic, there are so many brilliant stories that never would have come to exist. 
 If you feel strongly enough that you need to sprout such hate in the world, I don't want or need your viewership and you don't need to waste your time reading my story. 

This story is dedicated to all women who deserve to see that the world we live in has many strong and confident individuals who can be the star of the story without being the typical stereotype that most books provide.

COPYRIGHT

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

This book contains material protected under International and Federal copyright laws and treaties. Any unauthorized print or use of this book is prohibited. Absolutely no use of this book can be used without permission from author/publisher.

This work is unable to be used by anyone other than the author. What that means....You CANNOT use characters, names, and storyline without it being called PLAGIARISM.

Names, characters, and incidents are the sole property of the authors imagination or are used with fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, places, business establishments, events or locations is purely coincidental. If you can't help yourself but to steal authors title, characters, and storyline you automatically open yourself up to a lawsuit