Chapter Seventeen: Needing Him

Chapter Seventeen 

Needing Him:

The the figure was running at Moore, and as he put his fingers on the trigger, the silhouette wrapped its arms around him. He couldn't pull the trigger, and he was thanking, because Alice was in his arms. Safe and sound. 

He lifted her up so their eyes were linked. They stared at each other, she squinted. Her eyes began to get teary. He ran his hand down her face. He nodded and she ran out. He swallowed, his stomach dropped, as his vision of her faded away. To a feeling he's never felt. His chest began to feel like a hundred pound's of pressure. He stood in the hall alone. 

Than he realized, his fear was kicking in, and he was finally scared. 

He started to walk, to only stop again, he felt the sweat drip down his face, he swallowed again, and wiped it away from his forhead.  

He stared down at the long hall way, that seemed miles long. 

He began to feel himself shake, his fingers wrapped around the trigger, and he walked slowly down the hall. Passing empty rooms, room after room. Empty. 

Anticipation rising in his stomach. He felt weak but continued to walk. 

He got to the last room on the right, he remembered it all too clearly. Memories upon memories flashing before his eyes.

Tears began to swell in his eyes, his heart racing.

The room was empty. 

The room was empty!

The whole damn building is empty!

He ran out the building as quickly as he could, he almost felt like a child again, walking down the hall in a house, and feeling and hearing footsteps behind you, to only turn around and see nothing. 

He broke out the door of the building, tripping on a lip right in front of the door, hitting hard dirt. His hands flying in front and hitting the ground, he felt the rocks bury themselves into his palms. And blood slowly seeping from the corners. The gun flew before him. He laid on the ground. Finding no strength to help himself up. Finding no strength to look around.

Until he heard footsteps, and Alice stood beside him. She held out her hand, and he took it slowly. Her finger tips so soft.  

He was too confused, to tired, to dizzy to ask what just happened.

Why did I run ? Why wasn't there anyone in that building? Why?

He couldn't ask. His  mind couldn't tell his mouth what it should say. He was speechless, he stood up, his leg's weak, everything was spinning and he fell, and Alice fell with him. She tried to hold Moore up, but he was just so much bigger than her, and she didn't have the strength, 

He didn't see Eron, but he was assuming he was near the car, but when he looked for the car he couldn't see it, his heart raced faster. 

Alice put her hand on Moore's chest, he could hear the panic in her voice.

"It's alright Moore." Moore laid his head on her legs, as she slowly ran her fingers through his hair. It was hard to keep his eyes open. He began to shake uncontrollably. She held me tight, her arms wrapping around his open wounds, causing him to wince from the pain. She lessened her grip, and a tear fell from her face, and hit his cheek. 

It was a soft, light warm drop. 

A shock of pain went through Moore's body. He grabbed her leg tightly, she grabbed his  hand and squeezed it, she knew what was about to happen. She couldn't take it, she pushed Moore, more on her lap, and grabbed his head, and kept repeating to her self.

"Devin. Devin please don't leave me. I need you."

I need you. Moore thought to himself. I need you.

Over and over again. I need you. I need you. I need you. I need you. Echoed in Moore's head. 

Her crying my name echoed in his head. Devin. Devin. Devin. Devin. 

Devin. Devin please don't leave me. I need you. 

If only he could find the strength, and say her name. 

He couldn't take it, he began to sob, his finger's began to twitch, he could hear Alice's heartbeat. 

Moore's sobbing stopped all at once, his eyes were slowly shutting.  

The pain was racing through out Moore's body.

He could finally feel myself letting go. 

He took a deep breath in, and finally found the strength.

"Alice I have to go." A shot of pain through out his body made him jolt.

"My family need's me." He said slowly. 

Her body tightened, and she grabbed his head. Moore closed my eyes, and Alice's word's faded away. 

"Devin!" Alice pleaded, as she wrapped her arms around Devin's head. The tears streaming down. Landing on Devin's pale white skin. She caressed his face. His eyes were shut. She shook. She pushed him up more, and hugged him. 

"Devin!" She hugged him as tight as she could. She hugged him so tight, until her arms began to feel numb, until she was ripped away from Devin. 

"He's gone!" Eron held Alice up underneath her arm pits,Devin's body landed forward. 

She leaped toward Devin, and Eron pulled her back. 

"He's gone!" Eron yelled.

Alice leaped at Devin. "No!"

"He's gone!" His voice began to shake. "He's gone." He whispered  in Alice's ear, as his voice went out, and the tears fell from his face. 

Paramedic's flew to a hault, stepped out, and watched Alice fall to the ground,

Eron hugged her from behind. He held her tight. 

The paramedic's rushed to Moore. 

"I needed him." She repeated over and over again to herself. 

She looked at Devin as the paramedic's flipped him over. 

I needed him. She thought to her self.  

"I needed him."