Silver Night: Prologue

Copyright 2010 by Alyssa Craven-Gunn, all rights reserved.

All such writing/materials appearing in Silver Night all chapters including prologues/epilogues may NOT be reproduced or stored in a retrieval system without prior written permission of the publisher and in no case for profit.

Silver Night Book  1

Prologue

 I watch them, unaware that I watched them from the beginning to the end, of their lovemaking, never got fond of that word, ‘lovemaking’? It made me sick to my stomach. She slips on a pink slick gown, and stares out her window. Is she ashamed? Afraid? Or just simply pleasured? He comes up from behind her and puts his hand on her hips and leisurely moves upward, he squeezes her breast. My outburst was so unexpected, I didn’t even know it was coming. I slam my fist on the dresser, and close the blinds. I grab my switch blade, and wipe the blood off with a handkerchief. I stare in the mirror, I see no monster, no demon, I look normal. Normal? What is normal?

 I’m no one to cause any apprehension, I’m no one to cause a second glance back. I look no different. I cause no alarms to go off  when you don’t know me, I don’t cause you to run and hide, when you don’t get me irritated. I cause no pain, unless you give me pain. So why do they call me a monster? Why do they say I’m not right up in my head? Then what is wrong with me? It’s just simple because they have nothing else to say. No words to be put out, they all call us crazy, that we got dropped on our heads when we were babies. All those excuses get me more angry.

 I retrace my steps, I make sure I didn’t leave a print behind, not a hair, not a thing. If they catch me, ill get put in prison, even worse they'll know who I am. I close the door behind me, not a sound in sight I look up at the house, with it’s dark features, not a light in the house. Like the way I found it. The cops will swarm this tomorrow morning. She won’t arrive at work, at three, they’ll think its normal wait a few hours, and then call when there is no answer. Someone will come by, and I will sit back and enjoy my great work.  I disappear in the night, without a trace of who I could be.